News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

College Football 2013

Started by VDB, August 29, 2013, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Start your engines. Season kicks off tonight. Cocks vs. Heels.

Meanwhile, here's a nice bit of irony to get the proceedings underway:

Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Yup, the wife and I are going out tonight to watch her alma mater take on the commodores.  Wings, Beer, Football!  BOOM!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Officer: "Ma'am, can you tell me who won the game last night?"
My wife: "Carolina."
Officer: "What was the final score?"
My wife: "27-10."
Officer: "I'll let you off with a warning. Drive safe."

Ah, to be back in college football season.
Is this still Wombat?

birdman

Quote from: antelope19 on August 29, 2013, 12:44:52 PM
Yup, the wife and I are going out tonight to watch her alma mater take on the commodores.  Wings, Beer, Football!  BOOM!
Watched the game last night. Unbelievable finish.
Paug FTMFW!

JPhishman

Just picked up tickets to take my dad to the Ducks game this saturday for his B-day! Sure they're the basement dwellers of the SEC, but it sure will be fun to crush Tennessee!

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

zimbra

How crazy was that ASU vs Wisconsin game Saturday?  I was rooting for ASU (my roommates dad is the head coach), but holy shit Wisconsin, that was awful. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zimbra

Awesome game in South Bend this weekend, even better that OSU got beat by WVU.  Getting excited for TCU to come to town this weekend.  I love college football season.  :beers:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

killer hail mary with my folks in the endzone for the Huskers win yesterday!  :rawk:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

I'm all Boomer Sooner but I'm getting nervous for Baylor this weekend.  Those guys are serious.
- Trey Anastasio

VDB

End of that Georgia-Auburn game was nutso. I, like everyone, fully believed Auburn had completely blown it. That game was a big deal for me as I needed UGA to lose and will need Mizzou to lose once more for South Carolina to sneak into the SEC title game.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Per Twitter, this is what a 64 team college football tourney would look like.

I would LOVE something like this!  It would take forever, but still.....

zimbra

That would be awesome.  We would get to watch Football until like February.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I'd want to re-define the "East" "West" "North" "South" boundaries but I like how they put an effort into splitting the conferences up.  You have SEC, Big12, Pac12, etc. in all four conferences.  Having two teams from one conference in the National Championship makes more sense with this format than the BCS program we have now. 
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: zimbra on December 11, 2013, 03:53:37 PM
That would be awesome.  We would get to watch Football until like February.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I'd want to re-define the "East" "West" "North" "South" boundaries but I like how they put an effort into splitting the conferences up.  You have SEC, Big12, Pac12, etc. in all four conferences.  Having two teams from one conference in the National Championship makes more sense with this format than the BCS program we have now.

I think it would be more of a draw like basketball. I could be wrong, but I don't think the regions are defined by geography necessarily.

zimbra

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2013, 03:58:44 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 11, 2013, 03:53:37 PM

I think it would be more of a draw like basketball. I could be wrong, but I don't think the regions are defined by geography necessarily.

No, I think you're right.  I'm just saying if I was in charge I would take a slight consideration of geographic location.  Have you looked at the College Football Playoff selection committee?  It's a pretty interesting cast of characters.  Definitely some big names in there.
- Trey Anastasio