News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/18 - Bill Graham Civic Center - San Francisco, CA - Live Setlist Thread

Started by blatboom, August 18, 2012, 11:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: McGrupp on August 19, 2012, 01:24:35 AM
Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 19, 2012, 01:22:05 AM
wow.    GA blew an engine quickly.

totally. funny quote from the twitters: "Trey laid into that wah pedal like it was 1997, then pulled the ripcord like it was 2011."

the thing is that it didn't sound ripcorded.......it sounded like they all just got lost at the exact same moment.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Itsnotanexperience

WOW.

This second set is all fail.

THAT was a ripcord into Mike's.

WTF??

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

McGrupp

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 19, 2012, 01:27:25 AM
I wasn't feeling that jam either, Trey. It's cool.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but pushing through the "not really feeling it" moments is what could lead to great jams. Just sayin'.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PhishJY

Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

Itsnotanexperience

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

sup Dan

I'm assuming >s here based on your comments? had to turn the stream off but might fire it back up soon

Bobafett

Quote from: PhishJY on August 19, 2012, 01:29:58 AM
Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 19, 2012, 01:27:40 AM
This second set is all fail.

Don't worry, there will be a TTE to save it!  :-D

trey actually said in an interview that Mike would punch him in the nuts if he ever played it with Phish again.   :samurai:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: McGrupp on August 19, 2012, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 19, 2012, 01:27:25 AM
I wasn't feeling that jam either, Trey. It's cool.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but pushing through the "not really feeling it" moments is what could lead to great jams. Just sayin'.

I was being serious. Trey was not feeling it. I could hear it in his playing. I get that, actually. Like the truncated Ghost at UIC last year. Sometimes you just gotta move on.

I know that pisses lots of folks off. But I get it. He's gonna look for what pleases him. That Piper was not happening... the last Piper they played happened. Such is life.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on August 19, 2012, 01:32:17 AM
sup Dan

I'm assuming >s here based on your comments? had to turn the stream off but might fire it back up soon

Dot net says so.  Not really ">" worthy, imo. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Bobafett

McGrupp

Quote from: blatboom on August 19, 2012, 01:32:17 AM
sup Dan

Golden Age, Piper ~> Mike's
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?