News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right now I'm listening to...

Started by bacchist, September 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I cancelled SiriusXM before they were about to hit me for hundreds to renew... now I find myself tuning into JEMP Radio just about every day. I kinda love it... especially in the car.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

shoreline99

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 22, 2019, 11:54:37 AM
I cancelled SiriusXM before they were about to hit me for hundreds to renew... now I find myself tuning into JEMP Radio just about every day. I kinda love it... especially in the car.

I have JEMP on at the office most days now. Good background mix, limited commercials. Can't justify the SiriusXM nut any more.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

It's annoying, but if you call Sirius XM every six months to cancel they'll give you the subscription for around $40 for half of a year.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

https://soundcloud.com/ahn_ru/sets/skrizhali

Some weird cheerful Russian prog metal band called Абсолютно Хорошее Настроение ("Absolutely Good Mood" as per their review for a review) . I have no idea what their lyrics are about. 45? World domination? Getting really, really drunk? The lack of :phish: shows in Europe?

ETA: I reached out to them and apparently there are tons of references to classic Russian literature.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mattstick

Can someone please get them to add the LivePhish app to CarPlay.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on May 22, 2019, 02:42:09 PM

Can someone please get them to add the LivePhish app to CarPlay.

If you have carplay - can't you just run the app on your phone and listen via bluetooth?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 22, 2019, 08:45:15 PM
If you have carplay - can't you just run the app on your phone and listen via bluetooth?

Not really... wired CarPlay disables the Bluetooth audio connection, you can run the app and it will play but you don't have controls or anything and if you switch to the phone or text page you can't go back without picking up your phone.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gainesvillegreen

TREY ANASTASIO BAND, WEDNESDAY 05/28/2003
ELECTRIC FACTORY
Philadelphia, PA
SET 1: Burlap Sack and Pumps > Mr. Completely, Small Axe, Push On 'Til the Day, Tube Top Flop, Every Story Ends in Stone, Last Tube
SET 2: Javier Cinakowski, Alive Again, Olivia, Drifting, Undermind, Money, Love and Change
ENCORE: The Inlaw Josie Wales [1], Secret Smile[1], At the Gazebo, Black Dog
[1] Trey solo acoustic.

Making my way through this tour. His band doesn't really sound like this anymore, and that's a shame. He had some great tours in 2001 and 2002, and it is nice to hear this band stretch songs past 20 minutes. Tube Top Flop is just a perfect little Trey nugget.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

6/18/04 chalkdust
havent re visited this in a long time but its pretty good, nothing crazy  :music:

gainesvillegreen

USANA AMPHITHEATRE
West Valley City, UT
Soundcheck: Jam, Scents and Subtle Sounds
SET 1: AC/DC Bag > Ya Mar, Theme From the Bottom, Saw It Again, Poor Heart, Two Versions of Me, Secret Smile, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove
SET 2: Mr. Completely[1] -> Low Rider -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars -> Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It 'Round[2], Walls of the Cave > Golgi Apparatus > Slave to the Traffic Light
ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey
[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on June 18, 2019, 11:36:16 AM
6/18/04 chalkdust
havent re visited this in a long time but its pretty good, nothing crazy  :music:

Been listening to some random '04' show I have in the car recently....

I do not miss that "sound" - Trey just sounds.... so out of it. Grungey-toned wankery.

Thank goodness for sobriety. Now I have a new list of things to complain about, but I'm thankful that "trey was too doped out" is not on that list.
Bring in the dude!