News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bears.

Started by jephrey, December 12, 2008, 12:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Superfreakie

I've come to visit the enemy.  :evil:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

JPhishman

Sorry guys but I hadn't seen that penalty on Suh until last night. That was total crap.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

westcider

Quote from: JPhishman on December 07, 2010, 08:44:18 PM
Sorry guys but I hadn't seen that penalty on Suh until last night. That was total crap.

in real time, you would have made the same call.  the replay clearly shows it was clean, though.  for some reason the league watched the replay and fined him fifteen large.

we got our work cut out for us this week, but GO BEARS!!!

JPhishman

Quote from: westcider on December 09, 2010, 12:09:32 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on December 07, 2010, 08:44:18 PM

in real time, you would have made the same call.  the replay clearly shows it was clean, though.  for some reason the league watched the replay and fined him fifteen large.

we got our work cut out for us this week, but GO BEARS!!!

I don't think so, but I'm of the opinion that football is a rough game, and hurting people when you hit them is a part of it. Intimidation gives a tough defense an edge, and that's how the game should be played. I hate the direction the league is going with all these penalties and fines.

/Steelers Fan

westcider

I guess what I was saying is if you were a referee in the current NFL and you saw that hit, you would have thrown the flag.  if you had watched the replay afterwards, you would have reversed the call.  i am really perplexed by the fine.

JPhishman

Gotcha. That makes sense. I guess I had just been waiting for the opportunity to hop on my soapbox for a second. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. :-)

mbw

Quote from: JPhishman on December 09, 2010, 05:36:50 PM
I don't think so, but I'm of the opinion that football is a rough game, and hurting people when you hit them is a part of it. Intimidation gives a tough defense an edge, and that's how the game should be played. I hate the direction the league is going with all these penalties and fines.

/Steelers Fan

get real dude.  you dont tackle a quarterback by taking a shot to the back of his head.
thats illegal in boxing and mma much less football.

antelope19

Yikes.  The Pats are puttin' it on you guys right now.   :|

I'm def. rooting for the Bears

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie

Good job Bears, thanks for coming out.    :clap: :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Superfreakie

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 12, 2010, 05:38:40 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 12, 2010, 05:14:56 PM
quite ugly.

Like wow.

bears domination in the 2nd half!   :|

since when do we allow canadians in nfl threads anyway?