News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What songs would you like to see Phish bring back?

Started by ytowndan, November 13, 2008, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Minor

Quote from: redrum on November 13, 2008, 08:41:25 PM
Have Mercy is just the 1st one that came to mind really.
it might not even make my top 5.

i was just listening to the Alumni Blues we got on 12.30.06.
i could def see that one coming back.

Agreed.

I always enjoyed Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress.

MiamiPhish

sls.stormyrider

fluffhead
alumni blues

covers -
peaches
light up or leave me alone
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Bobafett

I love Alumni Blues.
i also want a light up or leave me alone.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

Alumni would be great for sure....ABout Tela, did it ever go away?  I used to be happy seeing it, but I wouldn;t really care if I ever saw it again, they played it so much there for a while...unless Dee was at the show, than I would be happy for her....

blatboom

mistercharlie

I always loved their covers of Take The A-Train and Caravan and would love to see one of them brought back.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

I was both shocked and stoked to to see Mound pop up on 12/31/02, but it was just a flash in the pan :|  I'd like to see one at some point

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

disco

guelah, atr, dinner, cities>DEG>cities, curtis loew, and it would be cool if instead of playing fluffhead in it's entirety they played it sections.

Somewhat like this example set list:
chalkdust>
fluff's travels>
ha ha ha>
lushington (includes the chase)>
YEM>
who do we do>
punch>
clod>
H2>
bundle of joy>
llama>
arrival >
YEM

that would be an intense set that prolly isn't too realistic but I bet they could pull it off
:phish:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

jasonsobel

I'd like to see Ha Ha Ha come into regular rotation.
sing me back home before I die

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

sophist

Quote from: xanadux3 on November 13, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
would love to see Peaches en Regalia make it into regular rotation, they do such an awesome job with it!

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mopper_smurf

Letter To Jimmy Page introduced as: ""This is now called Letter To Robert Plant".
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

blastoplast

Quote from: redrum on November 13, 2008, 08:27:20 PM
i always liked Have Mercy. when was that last played?

good choice.  Of course, it's not a Phish song.  I do like most, if not all, appearances of this song, however.

I would also have to agree with another song that isn't Phish...Peaches en Regalia.  However, Gale (psycho) Zappa made such a big stink out of not getting paid for Phish playing her husband's music that Phish might not ever play this again.  She really is quite awful.

as for Phish tunes that went away...well, all of them...right?  How about It's Ice?  They hardly played that towards the end.  Did they play it at all?  Maybe only three times since the hiatus?

Forbin's>Mockingbird
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson