News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

I can't believe no one is lamenting the death of [spoiler]Margaery[/spoiler] like you all did for Pretty Boy Snow.

I'm quickly being left with nothing but dragons to hold my attention.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on June 28, 2016, 07:13:47 PM
I can't believe no one is lamenting the death of [spoiler]Margaery[/spoiler] like you all did for Pretty Boy Snow.

I'll miss [spoiler]getting to see her naked[/spoiler], but as a character [spoiler]I've always found her to be a manipulative hussy,[/spoiler] just like Cersi.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 28, 2016, 08:56:11 PM

I'll miss [spoiler]getting to see her naked[/spoiler], but as a character [spoiler]I've always found her to be a manipulative hussy,[/spoiler] just like Cersi.

Well yeah, and she was great at it.

tet

You probably just watch it for the Dorne scenes... admit it...    BAD PUSSAH!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

Since this is a music forum, I should point out that I thought the music in the season finale was perhaps the best of the year.
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

Quote from: VDB on July 09, 2016, 01:53:05 PM
Since this is a music forum, I should point out that I thought the music in the season finale was perhaps the best of the year.

The opening sequence especially.  It really added to the sense of dread.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

khalpin

WhatstheUse?

Alright - late to the game but im fully invested at this point. Just finished season 4.

I've, admittedly, never been big on the 'fantasy' genre, but with some dedication - this series has sucked me in. It's has enough character development to keep me intrigued and I appreciate they have eased into the 'magic/unrealistic" aspects. That's what generally turns me off in other fantasy series...

I especially love how they keep killing off nearly every character you become emotionally evolved with. Who does that?!

Any word on how many seasons this series plans to go? I'm predicting a full on war with the white-walkers when "winter comes" as the pinnacle.  And that sexy dragon bitch has got something going for her. I look forward to her eminent collide with the rest of the western folk!
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 06, 2016, 09:36:47 PM
that sexy dragon bitch has got something going for her.

Scott gets it.

ytowndan

Quote from: mbw on August 06, 2016, 10:41:32 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 06, 2016, 09:36:47 PM
that sexy dragon bitch has got something going for her.

Scott gets it.

Word.

As far as future seasons go, there will be two more short seasons (7 episodes next summer, and 6 in 2018).
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

been wanting to watch GoT for along time but never had access.
finally go tthe chance and binged all 6 seasons in the last 2 weeks.
fucking fantastic.
just finished the last EP and gonna have serious withdrawls w/ out my nightly fix.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WhatstheUse?

Annnnnnnnd I'm caught up.

Holy shit - was that ever a season finale.

It's strange to me (in a great way) how different that episode was in terms of cinematography compared to the rest of the series. Almost as if someone else directed/produced or something - just a completely different flow/vibe.

It felt like nearly every scene could have been the pinnacle of a movie and cut to the credits after. Epic. Tied everything together. Great show. Three thumbs up.  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

just finished watching the entire series again.
man i wish the final seasons were already out!
the final books arent even out yet are they?

anyway, a couple thoughts... skip the rest of my post if you're not caught up.

1st, from the very 1st episdoe to the last of this season Aria Stark's  storyline is my absolute favorite. she is an amazing actor and i 've loved each adventure she's been a part of from her Bravosy dance instuctor to the hound to the many faced god.
I can't wait to see how her quest to finsh off Circe and the Mountain comes to conclusion.

2nd I've always loved the thread of the 6 Dire Wolves and now I'm rooting for Ghost and have a hope that the only other wolf left ,  Aria's, somehow reappears and finds her.

--and lastly, i had a question- so in the final episode when BRan has his vision of his aunt dying and we find out JOhn was her son not his fathers... from all i coulld gather the father must then be the Targarian that raped her right? or could it have been Robert berathian? i wasnt 100% sure Robert hadnt been with her but the only mention of her beforehand was about her getting raped so i'm assuming that means JOhn is half stark half Targarian , right?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 26, 2016, 02:41:28 AM
just finished watching the entire series again.
man i wish the final seasons were already out!
the final books arent even out yet are they?

anyway, a couple thoughts... skip the rest of my post if you're not caught up.

1st, from the very 1st episdoe to the last of this season Aria Stark's  storyline is my absolute favorite. she is an amazing actor and i 've loved each adventure she's been a part of from her Bravosy dance instuctor to the hound to the many faced god.
I can't wait to see how her quest to finsh off Circe and the Mountain comes to conclusion.

2nd I've always loved the thread of the 6 Dire Wolves and now I'm rooting for Ghost and have a hope that the only other wolf left ,  Aria's, somehow reappears and finds her.

--and lastly, i had a question- so in the final episode when BRan has his vision of his aunt dying and we find out JOhn was her son not his fathers... from all i coulld gather the father must then be the Targarian that raped her right? or could it have been Robert berathian? i wasnt 100% sure Robert hadnt been with her but the only mention of her beforehand was about her getting raped so i'm assuming that means JOhn is half stark half Targarian , right?

Rhegar Targaryen is John Snows father, and he didn't rape Lyanna, they were in love. The whole thing is much better explained in the books. He and Lyanna running off together just so happened to coincide with the mad King going bat-shit crazy and losing the kingdom for the Targaryens. Roberts Rebellion wouldn't have gained as much steam if people thought that his woman had run off with another man instead of her being kidnapped.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m