News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 2011 wish list

Started by antelope19, December 22, 2010, 09:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: sophist on December 22, 2010, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on December 22, 2010, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on December 22, 2010, 06:35:32 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on December 22, 2010, 06:28:29 PM
Quote from: sophist on December 22, 2010, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on December 22, 2010, 02:13:20 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on December 22, 2010, 01:30:57 PM
1. Berkeley Greek! (and never play shoreline again)

What's your beef with Shoreline? Me and 'HammondOrganism' made it out there last year and I loved the venue.

Anyways, my list would include:

JAMZ of course
Some OK, TX, and LA dates
More consistent archive releases
JAMZ
Another festival
Vegas dates
Another Miami new years
Moar JAMZ
Cactusfan hates all things Dead, so the thought of entering the Dead's venue upsets his stomach and causes his hair to fall out.  It's a sort of jam band radiation to him if you will.....

hmm, so THAT explains my premature baldness!

actually i'd never thought of shoreline that way. though i did see my one and only dead show there in '89.

i grew up in the bay area and saw a million shows at shoreline as a kid. it's just a giant, bland, generic outdoor shed. what's there to like? i guess it's not bad for a giant, bland, generic outdoor shed, but why would i want to see a band there if i could see them at the Berkeley Greek, one of the most beautiful, intimate, perfect outdoor venues anywhere?

Phill would probably say the greek is "Standard" too. 

i'm touched that you have an even lower opinion of phil than i do.
This seriously made me bust out laughing. 

Oh, and I was just being my usual smart ass self about Shoreline.  I get what you mean, it's cool if you visit it, but I could see it getting old if it was a hometown venue.

by the way, i just realized that 'phil' might here be referring to the 'pauger phil.

my hilarious response above was actually referencing phil lesh. ain't i a comedian?

i have a perfectly respectable opinion of phil the 'pauger! as i do all of you. well. most of you.  :-D

McGrupp

Quote from: cactusfan on December 23, 2010, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: sophist on December 22, 2010, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on December 22, 2010, 08:22:55 PM

What's your beef with Shoreline? Me and 'HammondOrganism' made it out there last year and I loved the venue.

JAMZ of course
JAMZ
Another festival
Vegas dates
Another Miami new years
Moar JAMZ
Cactusfan hates all things Dead, so the thought of entering the Dead's venue upsets his stomach and causes his hair to fall out.  It's a sort of jam band radiation to him if you will.....

actually i'd never thought of shoreline that way. though i did see my one and only dead show there in '89.

i grew up in the bay area and saw a million shows at shoreline as a kid. it's just a giant, bland, generic outdoor shed. what's there to like? i guess it's not bad for a giant, bland, generic outdoor shed, but why would i want to see a band there if i could see them at the Berkeley Greek, one of the most beautiful, intimate, perfect outdoor venues anywhere?

Phill would probably say the greek is "Standard" too. 

i'm touched that you have an even lower opinion of phil than i do.
This seriously made me bust out laughing. 

Oh, and I was just being my usual smart ass self about Shoreline.  I get what you mean, it's cool if you visit it, but I could see it getting old if it was a hometown venue.

by the way, i just realized that 'phil' might here be referring to the 'pauger phil.

my hilarious response above was actually referencing phil lesh. ain't i a comedian?

i have a perfectly respectable opinion of phil the 'pauger! as i do all of you. well. most of you.  :-D

The mix-up was what made it funny. To me at least.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

Type II
West coast, summer and fall
Tight jamz

The End
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

susep

Limestone Festival
less songs, more improv.
not seeing NO2 at shows/lots
more archival releases from 1.0 specifically 94-99

edit - I do remember Shapiro or someone talking about a Phish box set, what happened to that???

phil

Quote from: antelope19 on December 23, 2010, 10:13:40 AM

JAMZ of course
JAMZ
Another festival
Vegas dates
Another Miami new years
Moar JAMZ

Phil would probably say the greek is "Standard" too.

Care to weigh in on the Greek?   :wink:

I didn't notice the mix-up at first either.

I'll weigh in: "greeK" is hooker-speak for anal, and I just can't get get pumped about a venue called the "Anal Theater." My dad has a badass poster of  :syf: at the greek in his office. Looks like a tight venue (pun intended).
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Mr Minor