Author Topic: Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Natty Dread Region 1-Bob Marley v. 4-George Clinton and P-F  (Read 6447 times)

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
P-Funk trumps marley everytime. Sorry.

HA HA! That's good. I almost thought we were in the joke thread. Hilarious!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I agree (with Multibeast).

Dude, seriously, you guys are killing me here!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Too fucking funny!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Bob Marley was a one trick pony. The P-Funk mob is a jumbalaya of awesome.

You, sir, are an idiot. If anything, P-Funk is a one trick pony... everything is on the one. Still, Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.

And just for the record, Pie-guy, you DO like Pfunk, is that correct?

Are you fucking kidding me? I love P-Funk like I love my mother. P-Funk has brought almost as much happiness to my life as Phish. I'm as big a P-Funk fan as you are likely to meet anywhere in the world. Seriously. But Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.

No sir, I am not kidding you. I KNOW you love P-Funk. I was just further stating the case. And for the record, you feel that FPFR is an idiot, as it relates to this discussion, is this correct?

Now that's funny!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge
  • Dreems. Dreme Dream Dreeme. All I have to do...
The P-Funk mob is far from a one trick pony.

Their blend of Doo-Wop, R and B, Psychedelic Rock among other genres is far more convention breaking than Bob Marley's folk reggae.

I absolutely love Bob Marley.  However, George Clinton and his bands are far more crucial to the evolution of Rock, imo.

Also, this name calling has got to stop.  If it's not cool when I cross the line, it shouldn't be cool when others cross the line with respect to me.

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows

Their blend of Doo-Wop, R and B, Psychedelic Rock among other genres is far more convention breaking than Bob Marley's folk reggae.

I absolutely love Bob Marley.  However, George Clinton and his bands are far more crucial to the evolution of Rock, imo.

Also, this name calling has got to stop.  If it's not cool when I cross the line, it shouldn't be cool when others cross the line with respect to me.

Jane, you ignorant slut. Bob Marley started with Doo-Wop just like Clinton did... added in a little island goodness...some folk and rock and roll...  oh yeah, then he delivered a country out of oppression... and was a prophet... like from God and stuff... and inspired a generation of people from every corner of the globe to be better people and love one another...

But, yeah, Doo-doo-chasers are more important. 

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge

Jane, you ignorant slut. Bob Marley started with Doo-Wop just like Clinton did... added in a little island goodness...some folk and rock and roll...  oh yeah, then he delivered a country out of oppression... and was a prophet... like from God and stuff... and inspired a generation of people from every corner of the globe to be better people and love one another...

Really, Bob started with dub.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows

God.. lol.

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows

God.. lol.

Glad you're paying attention.  :wink:

Offline gah

• Dans et hors du foyer, le temps tourne le temps, élastiques virages
  • Gamehendge
  • The circus is the place for me....

Oh man, I can't do this. It's too much man. It's fine. You voted for PFunk. You think Marley is a one trick pony. You're not an idiot. Sorry for implying that. I can't even....wow. It's Monday. I don't have the patience for this.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge
lol at delivered a country from oppression.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
Also, he may have a tin-ear but dude has a point.

Offline Igbo

• Wrote the Book
  • I have terrible taste in music

Nothing dubby here

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows

I called him "sir."

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge

Nothing dubby here

The early horn line in the first 10 seconds is very dubby.

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge

I called him "sir."

+k'd.  But seriously, delivered a country from oppression?  You realize that Jamaica received it's independence in 1962, correct?

Offline gah

• Dans et hors du foyer, le temps tourne le temps, élastiques virages
  • Gamehendge
  • The circus is the place for me....

Nothing dubby here

For fucks sake man, he started with SKA, not DUB! You're confusing two 3 letter words! Do you even know the difference!?!??!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Offline fauxpaxfauxreal

• Gamehendge

Nothing dubby here

For fucks sake man, he started with SKA, not DUB! You're confusing two 3 letter words! Do you even know the difference!?!??!

That's really true and was hoping that I didn't get called out on it.  Ska-->Dub.  But really there's not much diversity there.  He is more emblematic of an entire movement, imo.  Whereas the P-Funk mob were singular innovators.

That's my main problem with the matchup.

To me Bob Marley:Reggae as Nirvana:Grunge.