News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Natty Dread Region 1-Bob Marley v. 4-George Clinton and P-F

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 25, 2011, 07:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Natty Dread Region 1-Bob Marley v. 4-George Clinton and P-Funk
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phil

Voted Marley. Not sure how I feel about the ease with which the higher seeds seem to be winning in this tournament. Seems to me the final four will be all number one seeds...snooze...
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

ytowndan

Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:50:14 AM
Voted Marley. Not sure how I feel about the ease with which the higher seeds seem to be winning in this tournament. Seems to me the final four will be all number one seeds...snooze...

The beginning and middle was bound to be the most interesting aspect of this.  In the end, while there might be some close calls, this whole thing will inevitably serve as a platform to rehash the old "GD vs. Phish" debate. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on March 26, 2011, 01:01:25 AM

The beginning and middle was bound to be the most interesting aspect of this.  In the end, while there might be some close calls, this whole thing will inevitably serve as a platform to rehash the old "GD vs. Phish" debate.

I don't know, what if the Beatles take down Phish in the next round. It probably won't happen, but it should.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2011, 06:58:19 AM

I don't know, what if the Beatles take down Phish in the next round. It probably won't happen, but it should.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on March 26, 2011, 07:20:57 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2011, 06:58:19 AM

Yeah, I had my bracket with the Beatles and Marley in the final.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Multibeast12

gah

Quote from: Multibeast12 on March 27, 2011, 12:59:15 PM
P-Funk trumps marley everytime. Sorry.

HA HA! That's good. I almost thought we were in the joke thread. Hilarious!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 28, 2011, 01:53:29 PM

HA HA! That's good. I almost thought we were in the joke thread. Hilarious!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I agree (with Multibeast).

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 28, 2011, 01:55:59 PM

Dude, seriously, you guys are killing me here!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Too fucking funny!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 28, 2011, 02:02:34 PM

Dude, seriously, you guys are killing me here!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Too fucking funny!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Bob Marley was a one trick pony. The P-Funk mob is a jumbalaya of awesome.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 28, 2011, 02:13:25 PM

You, sir, are an idiot. If anything, P-Funk is a one trick pony... everything is on the one. Still, Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 28, 2011, 03:08:00 PM

You, sir, are an idiot. If anything, P-Funk is a one trick pony... everything is on the one. Still, Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.

And just for the record, Pie-guy, you DO like Pfunk, is that correct?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 28, 2011, 03:10:48 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? I love P-Funk like I love my mother. P-Funk has brought almost as much happiness to my life as Phish. I'm as big a P-Funk fan as you are likely to meet anywhere in the world. Seriously. But Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 28, 2011, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on March 28, 2011, 03:10:48 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? I love P-Funk like I love my mother. P-Funk has brought almost as much happiness to my life as Phish. I'm as big a P-Funk fan as you are likely to meet anywhere in the world. Seriously. But Bob Marley was a poet and a prophet.

No sir, I am not kidding you. I KNOW you love P-Funk. I was just further stating the case. And for the record, you feel that FPFR is an idiot, as it relates to this discussion, is this correct?