News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Final - 1-Phish v 1-Grateful Dead

Started by UncleEbinezer, April 07, 2011, 03:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on April 07, 2011, 03:32:04 PM
As someone who was born after the GD already peaked, I gotta go  :phish:

They truly are "our" band for those of thus that came of age in the 90s.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phuzzyfish12

First musical memory is of me at age 5 rocking it out with my older sister to Casey Jones, a deadhead was born then. So...... :syf: gets my vote.

Max Power

Was truly split in half over this one...

So I went  :syf:
Nobody snuggles with Max Power! You strap yourself in and feel the G's.

qop24

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

nab

:phish:  I return to often
:syf: I never really ever leave.

:syf: :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:  :samurai::syf:  :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:  :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf: :samurai: :syf:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Uhm. Nab, according to those emoticons, you didn't see the poll results.
:wtu:

MeltMe

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 07, 2011, 04:35:16 PM
:phish: they were "my" band. Watched them grow from nothing to "it". Saw many of the best shows they ever played, how can I not side with them.
:phish:
nothing i see can be taken from me...

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Buffalo Budd

:syf: shaped me during my formative years starting out listening to music.  But I feel I actually got to experience a part of  :phish: when they were really creating incredible music that pushed the boundaries.  Then again, if it weren't for my love of the Dead, I may have never found Phish so I am stumped here.  I'm gonna vote solely on the incredible experiences I've had at their actual shows and give my vote (narrowly) to the boys from Vermont.  I only got to see the Dead once at Highgate and well, if I had only ever seen Phish at Coventry, I think my vote would have been different.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 07, 2011, 06:42:43 PM
Uhm. Nab, according to those emoticons, you didn't see the poll results.
:wtu:

Uhm FPFR, according to my personal preference, the poll results are irrelevant.  The  :syf: and  :samurai: still stand in my world, though to be fair, mathematically expressed, those tastes look something like this:

:syf:> :phish:>most other bands

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

When I was a kid, GD music was omnipresent. It shaped who I was before Phish had a chance to shape who I was. Had my parents been Phishheads and not Deadheads, I surmise that my life would have been drastically different.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?