Author Topic: COUCH TOUR 2016  (Read 5943 times)

Offline emay

• In the Band
  • The Walrus was Page
Re: COUCH TOUR 2016
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 05:32:50 PM »
phish webcasts for LA and San Diego announced.  apparently phish is no longer modeling the nfl's policy on selling out a venue before deciding to put it on tv.  instead they are just webcasting pretty much everything on fridays and saturdays.

I wouldnt be surprised if they will soon just literally webcast the whole tour and you can just couch tour the whole thing for like 300 bucks.
Dont see why they wouldnt webcast weekday shows, seems like people would webcast during the work week too since usually have some free time. I guess you would have to stay up pretty late on the east coast for those though.

Offline gah

• Dans et hors du foyer, le temps tourne le temps, élastiques virages
  • Gamehendge
  • The circus is the place for me....
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
phish webcasts for LA and San Diego announced.  apparently phish is no longer modeling the nfl's policy on selling out a venue before deciding to put it on tv.  instead they are just webcasting pretty much everything on fridays and saturdays.

I wouldnt be surprised if they will soon just literally webcast the whole tour and you can just couch tour the whole thing for like 300 bucks.
Dont see why they wouldnt webcast weekday shows, seems like people would webcast during the work week too since usually have some free time. I guess you would have to stay up pretty late on the east coast for those though.

don't be stealing my ideas!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 06:36:59 PM »
The fucked up thing is I think Tom Marshal has access to a webcast of every single show whether it's available for purchase or not. They are webcasting 100% of them for "family."
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline anthrax

• Wrote the Book
  • Nos vemos en las perras de turismo el sofá!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »
Yeah, I would have paid to webcast all 7 west coast shows, and would totally be the type of customer that would do future half tour or full tour packages.  They are kinda at the forefront of this whole couch tour business, and I don't think they even know what their business model should be.

Offline runawayjimbo

• Wrote the Book
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:43:04 PM by runawayjimbo »

Offline runawayjimbo

• Wrote the Book

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »
Thanks so much!!!! :beers:

ETA. and it's gone.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:37:33 PM by Buffalo Budd »
The answer always is, yes you should pop in some Trane
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
Back up and running.
Is this a greatest hits tour, holy shit, incredible setlists.
I wonder if Blat is at this show, I noticed he was posting from NYC with his lovely wife on FB.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »
Back up and running.
Is this a greatest hits tour, holy shit, incredible setlists.
I wonder if Blat is at this show, I noticed he was posting from NYC with his lovely wife on FB.

He was at the night before.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »
Any hip fans out there? CBC is broadcasting Gord Downie and the band's last concert next week.

http://www.jambase.com/article/watch-listen-final-tragically-hip-concert-live-kingston
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
Any hip fans out there? CBC is broadcasting Gord Downie and the band's last concert next week.

http://www.jambase.com/article/watch-listen-final-tragically-hip-concert-live-kingston

That won't be heavy at all.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 12:12:26 AM »

Wow, what a night. Shed some tears at various moments (Fiddlers Green and Grace Too to name a couple). Could not have put together a better show, setlist wise. A few slip ups along the way, to be expected but I can not thank these 5 guys enough for initiating my obsession for live music back at the tender age of 18.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:14:13 AM by Buffalo Budd »

Offline pcr3

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 03:54:18 AM »

Wow, what a night. Shed some tears at various moments (Fiddlers Green and Grace Too to name a couple). Could not have put together a better show, setlist wise. A few slip ups along the way, to be expected but I can not thank these 5 guys enough for initiating my obsession for live music back at the tender age of 18.

Awesome. Missed it, but happy for you, Budd.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 10:43:08 AM »

Glad I was in a place where I could watch the CBC broadcast. Been a Hip fan since the 90's when we used to get much music on our local cable system, but never got to see them live. That concert was simultaneously one of the most awesome and most heart wrenching things I've seen in a long time. Grace, too... What can you say about that..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:48:40 AM by shoreline99 »
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline barnesy305

• Wrote the Book
  • Test me, test me, why don't you arrest me?
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »

Glad I was in a place where I could watch the CBC broadcast. Been a Hip fan since the 90's when we used to get much music on our local cable system, but never got to see them live. That concert was simultaneously one of the most awesome and most heart wrenching things I've seen in a long time. Grace, too... What can you say about that..

Pretty bummed I missed this, hopefully they will do an encore broadcast or something. My friend's sister was at the show. She said there wasn't a dry eye in the house.