News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NYE\

Started by wspnash2017, December 10, 2016, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wspnash2017

Hello,

I am a neo-panic fan and avid listener of studio albums, live shows and anything in the discography. It's like a drug. I have this addiction to listening to panic. I have had phases of being occupied with certain bands music, for example, the beatles, the band, the who and grateful dead. I have never had put the amount of energy, time and excitement into listening to a band before like I am with panic. To break it down, I have been going through the studio albums from beginning to end. With that, its taking me months to listen to the albums, to be honest I am currently on the "Ball" album. But i want to show my enthusiasm and effort I have been dedicating to my history of checking these talented musicians out.

Back in 2013, I heard the song "fishing" and was sold. Honestly, after hearing over 100 songs now, I guess any song could have got me hooked, but that was the first song. I never took the time to jump into the music, history, tours and discography until about 3 months ago when I saw them live in Philadelphia, 2016 at the Mann Center. I did not know how to put into words the description of that show. I saw them live! But i knew they wanted me to be a fan because I was captivated by the melodies, lyrics, rhythm, solos, and genres, as well as, the vibe of the crowd and the fans I was surrounded by. I started the journey to know what they were all about! Nothing would get in my way.

Long story short, I played a game with myself. After listening the albums more than once, even listening to certain songs dozen of times, I picked my 3 favorite songs on each album, and then had a playoff of 2 songs to decide my wildcard pick. It was so hard to decide. Songs were in the list, then dropped out, then back in, it was ebb and flow all the time. But through lyric detail, melody choice, energy, tightness and so much more, I have finalized my choices. It goes:

Space Wrangler
1.Driving song
2. Chilly Water
3. Space Wrangler
WC. Porch Song
Self-Titled
1.Mercy
2.Pigeons
3. Makes sense to me
WC. Barstools and Dreamers
Everyday
1.Diner
2.Hatfield
3.Pleas
WC. Postcard
Ain't Life Grand
1.Fishwater
2.Ain't Life Grand
3.Can't get high
WC. Little Kin
Bombs and Butterflies
1.Aunt Avis
2. Radiochild
3.Rebirtha
WC. Tall Boy
Til The Medicine Takes
1.Bear's Gone Fishin'
2.Blue Indian
3.All Time Low
WC.Surprise Valley
Don't Tell The Band
1.Little Lilly
2.Big Wolly Mammouth
3.Imitation Leather Shoes
WC.Old Joe
Ball
1.Fishing
2.Nebulous
3.Meeting of the Waters
WC. Thin Air

Finally, I have decided to pick the playlist of songs that I would like to hear and that would fit the atmosphere of NYE in Nashville. I am sure I will hear some of these played, but its fun to put down my ideal setlist for the show. If it panned out the way I wanted, I think I would go insane. Haha. It's not set to be in that particular order, but i choose an opener and encore.

1. Space Wrangler(Opener)
2.Chilly Water
3.Driving Song
4.Pigeons
5.Diner
6.Ain't Life Grand(Encore)
7.Fishwater
8.Radiochild
9.Tall Boy
10.Bear's Gone Fishin'
11.Blue Indian
12.Old Joe
13.Fishing

I am seriously just so impressed with this band. I believe they have talent that does not compare to anyone else. They are against themselves when it comes to getting better and or progressing. Which I love. When I say "better", I mean the skills they perform to generate crowd pleasers. I do not have to be anyone I am not to feel the passion for the band. They have the traits to get any person to get on board. There is no isolation of fans. We are not jam hippes, drug addicts, posers, depressed(and need a band), only like bands from the south, JB is good looking, I know schools nieces best friend. I like them because they are making music that just hits the sweet spot, all the time. I don't have to persuade others to like them, its up to anyone to accept and like them. I am just thankful that my hears and brain have a connection with their style. I feel honored.

I am sure the road following this band has been so much fun. I can almost feel nostalgia even though I have no past experiences with the band. I just feel like I want to carry the torch for this bands reputation to anyone out there who is looking for this sound and presence in music. I feel kinda cool that I have this notion I can relate and become friendly with old-timers or die-hard panic fans because I just can not describe my love for Houser and the original band. I guess I was too young or missed the bus, but what I would do to see houser live with the band. However, he can not be replaced with exactly what he did, but at the same time, any replacement to the band never failed to keep up with the band. You were expected to be who you are on stage and the music just created itself naturally. None the less, all past and present members are creative and talented in their own way, and I have no disgust or bad taste for any periods of the bands career.

Sorry for long post, but maybe I can find a fan that can relate and just want to chat about panic ideologies.

WSMFP.

August

mbw

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

All that and no mention of Walkin' (For Your Love)?

It's literally the only Widespread tune I like.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mistercharlie

Quote from: DoW on December 10, 2016, 09:00:16 AM
Do you like moe.?

We can always use a fourth poster in our moe. thread.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

I don't think this board is what you think it is. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Bobafett

http://funnyordie.com/m/6k5w

Conrad the caterpillar needs to tell you about Bíg wooly mammoth and disco.

Purchase or steal panic in the streets DVD.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

well this gave me a little laugh this morning.  Excellent first post.

cactusfan

WhatstheUse?

Tell me more about School's niece's best friend...
Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Quote from: birdman on December 10, 2016, 06:49:08 AM
Panic sucks

Primus sucks!

There's a kind of panic I like, though.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy