News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Chuck Berry

Started by PIE-GUY, March 18, 2017, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry.'"

- John Lennon

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

One of the mt Rushmore faces of rock n roll.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

:cry:

Truly a pioneer. RIP.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Chuck fuckin Berry  :rawk:

RIP. A legend.

birdman

The man ate poop, on video.
Rock and roll.
Paug FTMFW!

Gundo

sls.stormyrider

When I was a kid, if you were in a band, you HAD to know how to play Johnny B Goode, otherwise you weren't worth anything
RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

natronzero

The foundation of rock n roll.
Stolen from Reddit but a great quote:
QuoteJohnny B. Goode is on the Voyager Record, if ever listened to he will be a defining part of what they know about our culture.

Johnny B. Goode is a partly autobiographical song where an illiterate country boy dreams of having his name in lights. Who knew his name would end up in the stars?
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

Hard to even do this one justice. 

R.I.P.

Hicks

RIP, one of the most influential musicians of all time. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: nab on March 19, 2017, 12:43:30 AM
Hard to even do this one justice. 

R.I.P.

Indeed. I dedicate this Sunday to listening to his music.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Saw him a few times, can't say they were good peformances, but it's bucket list stuff.  Still one of the founding fathers.  Embarrassed to say I don't think I have a single Chuck Berry record. Also, didn't he put a camera in the ladies room of his restaurant?  :laugh:

Caravan2001

Also, feeling bad for his cousin about now....