News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Col. Bruce Hampton, Ret.

Started by mistercharlie, May 02, 2017, 05:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

He passed away this morning after collapsing onstage at his 70th birthday tribute.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Holy fuck. Please tell me you're. Not fucking seruuus. I was about to post in the dizzunk thread.  Fuck. Nooooooooooooo. Please tell me noooooo

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2017, 06:21:18 AM
Holy fuck. Please tell me you're. Not fucking seruuus. I was about to post in the dizzunk thread.  Fuck. Nooooooooooooo. Please tell me noooooo

Sorry, Dave. 'Tis true.  :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.  I can't. I have no idea what his means. I really don't want a world without Bruce. It just has no meaning   

Like a baby. I am crying lie a child. I am not ok with this one. Honestly. Not ok. What the fuck do I do now? I'm alone. I'm not ok.

Buffalo Budd

Ouch PG, really sorry.
That's a serious kick in the gut.
RIP Bruce.

ETA. Just fired up the Tweezer from 4-30-1992 with Bruce on Trombone.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

This has fucked me up more than a little this morning.
Get weird with me and the Col.

mattstick

What a tragic twist of fate.  RIP.

jam>

My second "Evening with Phish" featured ARU opening, and they killed it. The Colonel had the James Brown mic moves down and his delivery was down right scary.

RIP

mbw

sls.stormyrider

what a way to go
he was doing what he loved best

RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cactusfan

PIE-GUY

mbw

The footage is tough to watch.

Caravan2001

My friends were the promoters for this show.  I had been watching the set-up and rehearsals all week on my FB feed and had a lot of friends in the audience last night.  Have not heard from my friend that organized the whole show.  He must be devastated.  I first saw ARU open up for Phish on 4/27/91 and they were one of my favorite bands instantly.  Just so unique and killer.  I have a lot of friends that went on to work with and for Bruce over the years and they are all reeling.  What a loss, but what a way to go. RIP

rowjimmy