News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-07-15 Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago IL

Started by Gundo, July 15, 2017, 11:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Caravan2001

Quote from: mbw on July 16, 2017, 01:17:41 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 16, 2017, 12:17:27 PM
Man, that Scents was ripcorded haaaard for Cities.

No it wasn't.

Ha.... yeah, agree, the scents was awesome Bt that segue was pretty bad ass. Simple and set a were highlights for sure. Some good stuff.

aphineday

Really amazing night last night, minus my despise of all things Live Nation, and how God-awful the lawn is at Northerly. It was my wife's first show, and she enjoyed it immensely.
Obv choices were the Simple and Scents, but that Slave had some great spots on my re listen as we drive home today.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Can someone explain the Northerly 'lawn' to me? I've never been there, and from the pictures I've seen... I don't understand where the lawn is. Looks like a big, flat open open area with arena stand on the sides.... is the lawn elevated or just grass way in the back?
Bring in the dude!

aphineday

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 16, 2017, 06:46:23 PM
Can someone explain the Northerly 'lawn' to me? I've never been there, and from the pictures I've seen... I don't understand where the lawn is. Looks like a big, flat open open area with arena stand on the sides.... is the lawn elevated or just grass way in the back?
It's a dumpster of flat wasteland with zero sightline. Classic LiveNation!

mistercharlie

Quote from: EdBanky on July 16, 2017, 01:11:09 PM
I heard some new strange noises from Page during the no man's too. Must be the new gear
Page definitely has a new toy or two. Threw me off at first, because it sounded like a vocorder.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

WhatstheUse?

Diggin' that! They be jammin' maaan  :mrgreen: :crazy: :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

kellerb

Quote from: aphineday on July 16, 2017, 06:40:58 PM
Really amazing night last night, minus my despise of all things Live Nation, and how God-awful the lawn is at Northerly. It was my wife's first show, and she enjoyed it immensely.
Obv choices were the Simple and Scents, but that Slave had some great spots on my re listen as we drive home today.

Rule #1 flyboy

aphineday

Quote from: kellerb on July 16, 2017, 10:36:54 PM
Quote from: aphineday on July 16, 2017, 06:40:58 PM

Rule #1 flyboy

:frustrated:

Gumbo72203

Quote from: ph92 on July 16, 2017, 01:37:19 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 16, 2017, 01:17:41 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 16, 2017, 12:17:27 PM
Man, that Scents was ripcorded haaaard for Cities.

No it wasn't.
Definitely wasn't. It was a smooth seugue actually

oh I'm not arguing about the transition itself, that's not the issue for me.  I say ripcord because that Scents felt incredibly unfinished.  That groove was so perfect at that point, Cities totally threw me off.  It was like if Trey suddenly started Character Zero in the middle of a Slave peak or something to me.  It gave me super blue balls!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PIE-GUY

Quote from: aphineday on July 16, 2017, 07:06:30 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 16, 2017, 06:46:23 PM
It's a dumpster of flat wasteland with zero sightline. Classic LiveNation!

All those people you see in pictures between the stands are on the "floor."  The lawn is behind all of that. It is in no way elevated from the floor.  The floor has a bit of grade to, the lawn does not. You literally cannot see the stage. You watch the screens and listen. The sound is apparently pretty good.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

willsteele

the sound is indeed pretty good back there.  they moved the screen to the center front of the lawn.  its giant.  so yeah, watch the screens and listen or look at the perty lights far away and listen.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!