News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Charles Bradley

Started by Buffalo Budd, September 24, 2017, 12:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41376105

Thank the Lord I had the pleasure of seeing this beautiful man perform and shaking his hand as he paraded through the audience at Harvest.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I spent this weekend at Utopiafest in Utopia, TX. In no small way, Charles Bradley has been seen as the spiritual father of the Fest. The first time he played was 2012 and it was during an absolute downpour. I wasn't there in 2012. The first Utopiafest I attended was 2013... and one thing I remember from my first year was how many people I met who were still absolutely gushing about Charles' set in the rain the previous year. The positive vibes and love he brought became the manifestation of what Utopia is all about.

When Charles returned to Utopiafest in 2015 he was treated like royalty by everyone. Travis Sutherland (the fest's founder) introduced Charles by telling the story of the 2012 show and the time Charles spent with the Sutherland family that weekend...  And Charles put down another amazing set. The absolute highlight of that weekend.

Cut to yesterday as news spread of Charles' passing. Everyone was talking about it. Hugs exchanged. Almost every band mentioned him.

Finally, as the stage was being set for Wild Child they set up a screen and projector and Travis came out and spoke about Charles and about what he meant to the family and the Fest. He was bawling...I was bawling... as was just about everyone around me. He asked for a moment of silence and I swear it was absolutely silent in that field. I couldn't believe that many people could really be that quiet.

Then this video played:

More hugs with complete strangers... Then Wild Child came out and played a soul stirring beautiful set. Cathartic to say the least.

Rest In Peace.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

He was amazing and will be missed.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2017, 08:09:55 AM
He was amazing and will be missed.

Indeed. Glad I saw him in concert. He ruled.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."