News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Tom Petty

Started by Hicks, October 02, 2017, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I don't want to make this thread, nobody wants to see these words, but it looks like this is the case.

Glad I got to see him, truly one of the greatest American songwriters of all time. 

RIP, I hope you and George are jamming tonight. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

RIP Tom.

Thanks for all the great music.

emay

He was one of my dad's favorites, and got put on to Tom when I was pretty young. He was one of my first concerts I went to as well. Went with my dad and Black Crowes opened. It was a rockin night, I'll never forget.

:cry: RIP

anthrax

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

I'm at such a loss right now, the guy was still killing it on tour.
Top 5 concert I've ever witnessed and a huge part of my adolescence.
I feel almost as heartbroken about this as I was about Jerry back in 95.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

sls.stormyrider

Holy Shit
Great songwriter, put on a great show

RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ytowndan

I only saw him once, at Polaris, this was summer of 2000, shortly after the Phish shows...iirc, it was within days.  Anyhow, it was a fantastic show.  Maybe I was still buzzing from the Phish, but I seem to remember thinking it was a fantastic live music experience. 

RIP
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Holy fuck, this one hurts. Such a great musician. The last time I saw him live Trey opened for him.  :cry:

RIP
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Latest from TMZ:

Quote1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

I desperately would like a miracle here.  :-( :-(
Is this still Wombat?

westcider

terrible.  I saw him on the Wildflowers tour, my second or third concert experience, and I smoked a water bong for the first time on the way there.  amazing show, and the jam out of Mary Jane's Last Dance was the first jam I ever witnessed.  will be putting on my Wildflowers vinyl tonight.  side two of the 2 LP set  (It's Good To Be King, It's Only A Broken Heart, Honey Bee, Don't Fade On Me) might be my favorite side of all time.  (other contenders are side one of Sky Blue Sky and side three of Physical Graffiti)

ETA I didn't get choked up until I typed out those four song titles, now it's waterworks

danje

Really kicking us while we're down.

mistercharlie

It sounds kinda dumb, but the lyrics to "You Don't Know How It Feels" changed my entire philosophy on life. The man was/is a true artist.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.