News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

White Denim (the band) Thread

Started by mistercharlie, May 10, 2018, 07:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So White Denim have a new album coming out in August! You can preorder the limited Signed Clear Vinyl version for the time being right here:
https://whitedenim.pmstores.co/

The first single is full of pure White Denim goodness!

They are also going on tour and they will be playing the Hi-Fi here in Indy. I LOVE that room, it's the last place I saw them play and it's right next door to my favorite Mexican restaurant and across the street from a record shop that also serves as a bar. You can grab a beer and dig through records!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 10, 2018, 07:51:10 AM
So White Denim have a new album coming out in August! You can preorder the limited Signed Clear Vinyl version for the time being right here:

They are also going on tour and they will be playing the Hi-Fi here in Indy. I LOVE that room, it's the last place I saw them play and it's right next door to my favorite Mexican restaurant and across the street from a record shop that also serves as a bar. You can grab a beer and dig through records!!

The Hi-Fi is great, I'd be willing to see them there, I love that room too. Wasn't all that impressed with White Denim when I listened to their stuff a year ago, but willing to give them a shot live. That room is tiny!
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Caravan2001

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on May 14, 2018, 02:14:22 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 10, 2018, 07:51:10 AM

The Hi-Fi is great, I'd be willing to see them there, I love that room too. Wasn't all that impressed with White Denim when I listened to their stuff a year ago, but willing to give them a shot live. That room is tiny!

When I saw them open up for Wilco they were great.  I enjoyed them more than Wilco in fact.

Buffalo Budd

I'd love to catch White Denim some time.
I would like it if they explored some different musical styles but they're pretty amazing at what they do.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 14, 2018, 06:35:39 PM
I'd love to catch White Denim some time.
I would like it if they explored some different musical styles but they're pretty amazing at what they do.

When I last saw them in 2016 they closed the show with an awesomely funky Prince medley. It was a week or so after he passed away.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

I just got back from their show at The Hi-Fi, here in Indy, and I had a blast. Front row and all. I got a setlist from the keyboard player and then saw him and James Patrelli on my way out and had them sign the setlist!! Too drunk for a picture of it now, but in the moring…  :banana: :banana: :rockout: :rockout: :music: :rawk: :rawk:

Also their opener, Rotem, was AWESOME!!! I got to meet him and his bass player, who they called 'Shredderella', they werepretty damned good too! I need to check out some of their music on the interwebz now!

Edit: Put the setlist in a frame and hung it next to my signed poster from the 2016 show at the Hi-Fi. Picture now included...