News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

khalpin

I was outside today in shorts in a T-shirt in the 65 degree weather gathering wood and kindling and prepping the snowblower for the 10" of snow we're supposed to get tonight into tomorrow.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: khalpin on February 08, 2017, 09:09:56 PM
I was outside today in shorts in a T-shirt in the 65 degree weather gathering wood and kindling and prepping the snowblower for the 10" of snow we're supposed to get tonight into tomorrow.

Similar deal here, cept I was packing the snowboard gear.  :mrgreen:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 08, 2017, 10:04:00 PM
Quote from: khalpin on February 08, 2017, 09:09:56 PM

Similar deal here, cept I was packing the snowboard gear.  :mrgreen:
Except, it's Florida... and these fuckers are complaining its "cold" and "freezing" It's literally not freezing. :roll:
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VA $l!m

this winter has been a godsend. 50s, 60s, 70 the othre day in fucking nebraska in february?!?!
MY hernaited discs and musle spams  thank you global warming, with apologies to the future generations...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sunrisevt

Just got the voicemail from the superintendent of schools in my daughter's district, announcing a SECOND CONSECUTIVE SNOW DAY for all of Addison County Northwest. (It's a Lake Champlain-adjacent district of maybe 5 small towns between Burlington & Middlebury, VT.)

This winter we've had three distinct cycles of storm->thaw->freeze which turned snowbanks into berms and walls of solid ice. Last week we had nightly lows over 35, lost almost all our remaining snow cover, leaving plate ice in shaded areas and not much else.

Now those delicate flowers working in my kid's school system need A SECOND GODDAMN DAY?!?!?! THIS IS VERMONT AND THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.

eta: If anyone needs me, I'll be walking to my hometown pub, b/c they're fucking open and should damn well be rewarded for it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

runawayjimbo

Up to 35 in of rain from Harvey?!? That is bananas. Somebody check my math but I think that equates to like 400 ft of snow.

Don't think we have anybody down there (Austin looking ok, right PG?) but if so, stay safe, dudes.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 25, 2017, 11:16:34 AM
Up to 35 in of rain from Harvey?!? That is bananas. Somebody check my math but I think that equates to like 400 ft of snow.

Don't think we have anybody down there (Austin looking ok, right PG?) but if so, stay safe, dudes.

I think 38 ft of snow is more like it. But yeah, stay safe to anyone in or traveling to or around the region. Looks like it'll be intense.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

I'm far more worried about Houston than Austin. With the models they're showing right now that storm is going to stall and just pummel Houston and the rest of the coast from tonight straight through next thursday. Major sections of Houston will flood, there is no question. There is a small chance the storm heads north and we get 15+ inches here, but I doubt it. We'll see the outer bands hit us for a few days and get about 6" of rain. There will be some flash floods, but we're used to that. The cool thing about Austin floods is that they last about an hour before they just drain away... provided the rain stops.

Me, I'm leaving town anyway. We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning but we switched our flight to tonight just to make sure we get out of here. Spending the night in Dallas and catching the rest of our flights as they were scheduled out of DFW in the morning. With any luck, we will be in Martha's Vineyard for the duration of this weather event.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

pcr3

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 25, 2017, 12:11:42 PM
I'm far more worried about Houston than Austin. With the models they're showing right now that storm is going to stall and just pummel Houston and the rest of the coast from tonight straight through next thursday. Major sections of Houston will flood, there is no question. There is a small chance the storm heads north and we get 15+ inches here, but I doubt it. We'll see the outer bands hit us for a few days and get about 6" of rain. There will be some flash floods, but we're used to that. The cool thing about Austin floods is that they last about an hour before they just drain away... provided the rain stops.

Me, I'm leaving town anyway. We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning but we switched our flight to tonight just to make sure we get out of here. Spending the night in Dallas and catching the rest of our flights as they were scheduled out of DFW in the morning. With any luck, we will be in Martha's Vineyard for the duration of this weather event.

Good luck getting out.  Any appearance in the Boston area planned?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on August 25, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

Good luck getting out.  Any appearance in the Boston area planned?

nah - we're flying right into MVY and not even renting a car. If we leave the island at all it'll be to Chappy.

PIE-GUY

Weather is beautiful in Martha's Vineyard. Meanwhile in Houston...

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 27, 2017, 01:07:38 PM
Weather is beautiful in Martha's Vineyard. Meanwhile in Houston...

Yes. I'll take a Bacon Whataburger and an order of onion rings.

Glad you're staying safe dude! Hurricanes are no fun. We were pretty stressed out last year with Matthew. Enjoy your vacation!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

WaPo reported 9+ so far in Austin...
Big swaths of Houston look fairly fucked.
Not pretty.

ETA this is a fairly current NWS map of rainfall...