News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/25/99-Green Crew Set?

Started by antelope19, February 27, 2006, 06:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

This may be a somewhat limited thread, but does anyone care to elaborate on what happened at this Deer Creek show?  I read many of the comments from the Alpine show the previous night and this show.  I was just curious, did the band really let the crew select the setlist from this show?  Someone also mentioned something about the boys making it up for the Alpine show?  Trey being super drunk?  I have had both of these on XLII's for years, so thanks to the seeders for making this one available and allowing me to retire yet another couple sets of tapes!!!!!!!!!  I enjoyed them then, and I know I will enjoy these now. :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

yes, about deer creek 99... at the end of several tours the band would throw green crew a little pre-show party, and give away a few gifts!

on the 1st night of deer creek 99, while we were backstage, the band members came back and mingled for a little bit (i'd guess 20 minutes)...  we were given pizza, water, soda, and beer on tap... then there was a sheet of paper passed around that was basically a "play this" list, i'm guessing we listed probably 15-20 songs (i requested psycho killer, today - Smashing pumkins), but i know Meat was played for my friend Bean... MFMF and whipping post were on the list as well.  and i'm pretty sure i recall saw it again & boogie on.

i got the chance to chat with mike, over some pizza & beer, about pre-show rituals (funny shit), and he said he and trey enjoyed hanging upside down in moonboots spraying whip cream on each other :D

then the band gave out some really nice mini (keychain size) leatherman tools with "green crew summer 99" on them... pretty sweet.

they did this same sort of thing at the following also (that i was lucky enough to attend):
- december 99 (hampton): party, and a tour of the stage, soundboard, light board, before anyone else was in the venue... and a sick fleece vest with the phish logo & "green crew fall 99" embroidered on them!  oh yeah, we also got FREE cypress tix AND a special parking pass that put us right in front of the venue!

- fall 00 (shoreline); again backstage party, actually played some basketball back there, and got another tour of the stage and setup as soundcheck was going on...  then we received some really nice folding lawn chairs with the logo and "green crew 2000" on them..
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Nice jedi, how about sending me your tour fleece?
Just kidding bro

jedifunk

well how about i give you the wifey's?? ;) she'll never notice (yeah right!)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Just tell her her karma will be redeemed :-D.  I wear an XL and she's probably a M or L?

antelope19

Very cool.  I have a very nice visual of Trey and Mike hanging upside down in moonboots spraying whipped cream on each other.  Wierdos!!!!! hahahahahahaha.  I always knew they appreciated what you all did, but never knew they had parties and gifts and stuff as well.  It just further confirms them as genuinely good people in my mind.

jedifunk

try small or medium... good luck fitting into that!  i cant even do that and i'm 5'9" 150 ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on February 27, 2006, 06:46:45 AM
try small or medium... good luck fitting into that!  i cant even do that and i'm 5'9" 150 ;)

i'm 6'1, 120...
i'd prob look darn sexy in it! :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

on a side note... i know we all know how much phish fans drink, but i think you all be extremely f'ing amazed at how much trash and recycling we picked up on a nightly basis!!  simply insane... drink of choice?  sammy smiths for sure!

also, i must also mention how amazed i was that upwards of 60-75 spun-out kydz could remember to meet up after every show and get organized just enough to pick up recycling!  its truly not the easiest thing to do when your spun... look at the ground and pick up bottles.... wawawawawawa, hehehehehehehe.... but i guess the always available ground score doesnt hurt either ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

ahhh this spurs another thought/thread for me!!!!

Best ground score at any show????

susep

no doubt, the unexpected 5 g ball of hash or bag o' danks?

antelope19

I found a tour shirt, not official at hershey in '00.  It was a fluffhead tee with homer simpson on the front holding a jar of pills to the sky and the 3 eyed fish on the back.  I still have it and wear it on a regular basis.  I think thats my favorite ground score of all time!!!!!

antelope19

FYI, sorry to hijack my own thread. :roll:

cleech74

Speaking of Green Crew End O' Tour Celebrations, anyone know what happened at Hershey Park in 1996.  Last show before the Clifford Ball.  My friends and I were Fish's side, up in the bleachers.  After the show, there was a gathering of people up in the stands as security was clearing the venue.  These people were allowed to stay, we hung around as long as we could.  My girlfriend at the time, asked one of the people, "What gives?"  We were told that she babysat Tom Marshall's kid(s) throughout the tour.  Heading back to the campsite, "Hershey High Meadows" (still love the name  :wink:), we were left to ponder what this special group of about 40 people were going to be privy to.  Did the band rent out the park and ride rollercoasters after dark with all these folks?  A late night tour of the Chocolate Factory with the band?  Or something else even cooler?

Jedi's stories about Green Crew celebrations made me think of this.  Any thoughts?
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

jedifunk

mmm... i didnt starting doing green crew until 98 so i'm not sure... perhaps they were staying behind to clean up the area... we did that at all the festivals, inside the concert grounds after the 1st night....

also, at the ambient jam or "ring of fire" it was the green crew members who were holding the candles that surrounded the concert area.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio