News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fat Tuesday!!!

Started by cleech74, February 27, 2006, 02:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!  Laissez les bon temps roulez!
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

tet

stop all that frenchsp33k of we'll be forced to invade....  :evil:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

He surrenders!

but seriously, folks. I don't mean to be crass or anything but what's he saying up there ^^? something about lesbians, right?

antelope19

I don't know, I took spanish.  But Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he's not referring to anything dealing with lesbians........ :-D  Just a hunch. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

oh.  :|
Well then, in that case, i don't want to know.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

Who's got plans tonight?

3 years to the day after one of my favorite shows, and I've got a gig tonight. Looking forward to it.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

antelope19

I've got a party to attend.  Apparently, the girl made some gumbo and has a bunch of hurricane mix.  Should be a good time.   :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cleech74

Thank you, Gumbo!  I shoulda figured you'd get that one!   :wink:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Gumbo72203

lol really?  why me?    i dont believe ive ever said anything about having taken French in high school....    all i did was look at the words and thought of what English words they looked/sounded like.  cognates i believe?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 28, 2006, 07:14:51 AM
lol really?  why me?    i dont believe ive ever said anything about having taken French in high school....    all i did was look at the words and thought of what English words they looked/sounded like.  cognates i believe?

right on. i took 4 yrs honrs french and basically cheated off of my best friend the whole way.
----je sais rein(?????)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cleech74

Sorry Gumbo, I thought it was ironic that you got it right.  Ya know, "gumbo" being a staple dish in New Orleans cuisine.  Sorry for the confusion, next time I guess I'll use plain old English.   8-)

Now I hope you all have given up something good for Lent.  No Phish for six weeks, not till Easter.  Or should that read Esther.  Hey I kinda like that, the Esther Bunny.   :evil:

VDB

Happy Mardi Gras! Gorge yourselves on king cake and alcohol today, then get ready for 40 days of clean living and penitence!
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I put a little Bailey's in my coffee this morning. I figured, Laissez les bons temps rouler!

:beers:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Happy Mardi Gras folks  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.