News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Traditions/Superstitions?

Started by antelope19, March 21, 2006, 01:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Just curious to see if anyone else out there and their personal "group" of tour buddies and show go-ers had any traditions/superstitions before, during, and after shows?  For instance, and this began @ Hampton '98, during any Bathtub we all saw, we always just packed it up and puffed tough until the song was over.  So there was always that extra nice feeling whenever they busted into a Gin!!!!!!  Another, would have to be at any festival(Oswego, Cypress, Coventry, for us) we would always bring a giant beach ball, and play volley ball over our car(the car being the net) while waiting in the ridiculous traffic jams.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on to think of others, I know we had a million.   :-D  Anyone else? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

puffing during makisupa (--who doesn't?!?)

me and my girl did the same corny hoedown dance we made up, for every country/ bluegrass tune.

taking a piss during bouncin'. :wink:

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

antelope19

Quote from: VA slim on March 21, 2006, 02:19:38 PM
puffing during makisupa (--who doesn't?!?)

me and my girl did the same corny hoedown dance we made up, for every country/ bluegrass tune.

taking a piss during bouncin'. :wink:

Got any pics of the hoedown?  I need a good laugh!!!!! :wink:

fauxpaxfauxreal

(most of these were fall 99-->summer 00 traditions)

Playing a full contact version of the card game war on the lawn at setbreak.
Everytime Heavy Things was played our group of 10-20 would hug each other, and high five each other and rejoice as if Phish had just busted out "Destiny" (we got a lot of strange looks with this one)
Everytime Twist Around was played, I would take a piss.
Everytime Guyute was played and we were on the lawn, we'd play Leapfrog.
Everytime Golgi was played, my friend Fran would flash us her boobies.
Everytime we saw a 2001 we would have a "dance off" a la Soul Train. (the best of which occured on the rail at the second set of 7-11-00, meanwhile the black security guard was laughing and rolling his eyes at our ludicrous "moves".

Another Lot thing that sometimes would happen, is that we would carry around a bottle of advil and scream "advil, get your advil"  "prescription strength...but still over the counter".

I miss these aspects of tour life as much or more than the actual music.

antelope19

Wow.....Those are incredible fauxpax.  I am sure you all got some very strange looks during heavy things.  I would have loved to have seen the dance off.  2001 was def. one of my favorite dance tunes!!!!!!!!!!  I may have given you all a run for your money.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: antelope19 on March 21, 2006, 02:37:39 PM
Wow.....Those are incredible fauxpax.  I am sure you all got some very strange looks during heavy things.  I would have loved to have seen the dance off.  2001 was def. one of my favorite dance tunes!!!!!!!!!!  I may have given you all a run for your money.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha yeah, they were a lot of fun...and usually people really enjoyed us in their section.  The dance off was great...because sometimes random strangers would get involved too.  I think the leapfrog was definitely the best one...it was usually one of my defining phish moments...a "you had to be there" type of thing.

That said, Phish time was ALWAYS party time.

justjezmund

I just remember pouring beer on my friend a lot of times when we heard a gin.  I look back now though and say, wow why did i waste all that beer?  Fun at the time, for me at least.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Thats alcohol abuse. :cry: :cry: :cry:  Not to mention a waste of a perfectly good 6-7 dollar beer. :wink:

August

a good one i had was when i was driving,
i would try not to get pulled over by a k-9 unit.
a

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Jezmund420 on March 21, 2006, 02:53:50 PM
I just remember pouring beer on my friend a lot of times when we heard a gin.  I look back now though and say, wow why did i waste all that beer?  Fun at the time, for me at least.

There were several times during Gins when we would have a "Social"  Usually if we had a drink before the Gin, we wouldn't have it after the gin.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: august on March 21, 2006, 02:56:58 PM
a good one i had was when i was driving,
i would try not to get pulled over by a k-9 unit.
a

Since you were "try"ing did you ever not succeed?

OUCH!  :-o

August

birdman

Funny Story about K-9's
   I was in a bus with about six heads leaving Deer Creek 96 when we got funeled into the whole Checkpoint fiasco thay had going on. We were one of the cars randomly pulled to the side...lets just say we had enough on us to make for a long week in Indiana. Cop comes over 'liscense,registration".
He shines his light on the kids windshield and, lo and behold...Department of Defense sticker on the shield. Our driver was ROTC....Go ahead gentlemen, have a good night.  I then proceeded to relax. Heart attack avoided.
Paug FTMFW!

McGrupp

So, basically, we should all go out and get fake ROTC stickers to put on our windshields.

Thanks for the tip! ;)
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: august on March 21, 2006, 06:29:35 PM
nope.
a

Good news.  My friend Christy gave a girl two "gellies" in the bathroom in Cincinatti, and found out the hard way that the justice system sucks.  Luckily her lawyer got her a very very gentle sentance.