News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ask August

Started by August, April 28, 2006, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Quote from: birdman on April 30, 2006, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: august on April 30, 2006, 09:43:59 PM
Quote from: jephrey on April 30, 2006, 09:42:01 PM
aug, how does one solve internet disputes/arguments?

Thanks for your time.

by not creating any.

glad to help-
August

I'd like to arguethat theory...

but you will be smited, most likely.
a

mopper_smurf

Quote from: birdman on April 30, 2006, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: august on April 30, 2006, 09:43:59 PM
Quote from: jephrey on April 30, 2006, 09:42:01 PM
aug, how does one solve internet disputes/arguments?

Thanks for your time.

by not creating any.

glad to help-
August

I'd like to arguethat theory...

No, you don't.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jedifunk

do people really smite others?  i dont think i've used the smite yet... and no need to answer here matt, since i know you've been smited (that goes for you too slim)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

A tip o'the cap to you Aug, this is a great thread, best I've seen in a while!!!!!  Let me think for a bit, I am sure there is something I could use help on.  hahahaha
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

dont worry folks, i will get to all questions asked.

August

sophist

is pot a gateway drug?
what ever happened to joey (from full house)?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: phan003 on May 01, 2006, 10:02:08 AM
is pot a gateway drug?
what ever happened to joey (from full house)?

More importantly, what ever happened to joey (from blossom)?

WOAH!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jedifunk on May 01, 2006, 09:24:14 AM
do people really smite others?  i dont think i've used the smite yet... and no need to answer here matt, since i know you've been smited (that goes for you too slim)

I get smited quite often.

I think there is at least one member who tries to smite me no matter what I do... but I can't figure out who it is.

I think it's cute :)

fauxpaxfauxreal

IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN!  :cry: :roll:

jonyem

Bastards!
I actually forgot that the smite thing was still there until it was brought up in this thread.
I still wish I could smite myself.

You Smite Myself.

August

Quote from: ikki on April 30, 2006, 01:31:46 AM
Best thread ever!

My question:  How do I go about enjoying third tier jam bands so I'm not as bummed about Phish not coming back this fall?

Great question!
and you hit the nail on the head.there are no "second tier" "jam" "bands".you are either a jamband or a "just added" artist to some organic sounding summer festival.your answer would be to stock up on Abullah Ibrahim albums and reach for the glass four-footer.
now, just one minute.i am going to answer another question at this point whilst continuing to give you a proper answer. you might call this "killing two birds with one stone" but will realize by the end of this post how very inappropriate that phrase is.

(sound of August rustling through the electronic mailbag).......

Quote from: phan003 on May 01, 2006, 10:02:08 AM
is pot a gateway drug?

yes.

Glad to Help-
August

now back to your question, ikki.
o.k. so you got the abdullah album and the glass.these are the two most important items for me when i am trying to "block out" and "unremember" horrible truths. the next two are an old casio keyboard and 25X salvia extract.
i like to select the button on the keyboard labeled "sea sounds" and take a big rip.
the thing about "sea sounds" is that each pitch really isnt different but eaither faster or slower in speed.it also takes about hals a second for the sound to register once you push down on the key. i have a blue bean bag chair, but it is not one of the ones that is just round. this one is more like a chair with a back to it.
at this time you should be about a minute into the first song on the album ....Memories entitled Township Sunday. This is usually the time where each sound coming out of the keyboard is actually 1,000 tiny, overlapping boxes shooting out from each key at a speed of "insanely fast". i can really concentrate on these sounds and keep the music from the album on the other side of my brain, although his piano sometimes permeates my thoughts with more scrambling thoughts. i once thought that there was a "bird lady" in my room and her voice were tiny thumbprints. which isnt that strange, aside from the fact that each thumbprint was wearing black leather boots. I choose Abdullah Ibrahim for such rituals. You can throw in something like the disco biscuits or the new monsoon.you should experience similar effects.plus, you are not really "listening".
if someone asks for a review of the new disco biscuits album you can start by saying "it was actually really cool. i really enjoyed the song where the four porcelin dolls were in the steel cage match. i thought the green one was totally gonna take it until i was forced to eat an entire Motorola SLVR cell phone by the undercover NYPD officer. Special Agent Captain Lou."

Glad to Help-
August

birdman

Do you endorse the use of 25x Salvia extract?

(That stuff scares the Hell out of me)
Paug FTMFW!

sophist

it is crazy, but its worth the $$$$.  One of the better legal highs imo.  I dont indulge in it too often, but I still like it.  Try smoking it while trippin on acid.  If you think its nuts alone, just wait until you mix it with other psychedelics  :-o
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

birdman

Yeah we smoked some after eating some chocolate during the 2/26/03 worcester show...Moma Dance will never be the same for me again   :-oSeriously though, that stuff is POWERFULL.
Paug FTMFW!

August

it is soooo strong that birdman had to double post!  :wink:

but seriously,the only thing i endorse is Kathy Lee Gifford's clothing line.
a