Author Topic: Last Show Attended?  (Read 105019 times)

Offline anthrax

• Wrote the Book
  • Nos vemos en las perras de turismo el sofá!!!!
Re: Last Show Attended?
« Reply #2880 on: May 14, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »
quite an eclectic weekend for me.  we saw bela fleck and abigail washburn open for del mc coury at the chicago symphony on friday.  the bela/abigail portion of the show was absolutely amazing!  her voice, his playing...they are awesome together.  the show ended with them 2 joining del's band for 3 songs.  fantastic.

then last night was amon amarth.  i have been listening to this band a lot.  there was a stage that was easily big enough for a 15,000 person festival, but there were only about 500 people there.  we were right in front.  this was everything rock music should be.  huge production, perfect sound, manly-viking-beer-drinking chants, aggressive guitar and vocals.  it was perfect.

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
« Reply #2881 on: May 22, 2017, 05:35:43 PM »
^ now that's a stage set up  :rawk:

I got to check Primus off my list this past week! Saw them at Red Rocks as well.  I've never been a huge Primus fan, but I respect what they do and claypool is a badass mofo. They definitely have their original nitch, and get weird. And I like weird. I had a blast but strangely enough, I didn't feel like Red Rocks was the appropriate venue for then (I know... what a silly thing to say at my 2nd RR show ever) -- they just seem like a small club/theatre band filled with sweaty, weird dudes who can mosh and get wild. And Red Rocks just didn't fufill that vibe. Anyways. Good times. Would see again!
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #2882 on: May 23, 2017, 12:07:20 AM »
quite an eclectic weekend for me.  we saw bela fleck and abigail washburn open for del mc coury at the chicago symphony on friday.  the bela/abigail portion of the show was absolutely amazing!  her voice, his playing...they are awesome together.  the show ended with them 2 joining del's band for 3 songs.  fantastic.

then last night was amon amarth.  i have been listening to this band a lot.  there was a stage that was easily big enough for a 15,000 person festival, but there were only about 500 people there.  we were right in front.  this was everything rock music should be.  huge production, perfect sound, manly-viking-beer-drinking chants, aggressive guitar and vocals.  it was perfect.

Def two shows on opposite sides of the spectrum.  Both sound awesome!

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #2883 on: May 23, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »
Saw the Avett Brothers the last two nights at the Cap. Friday's show was mellow, last night was pretty amazing. My wife is a true fan now :)

Two nights is an awful lot of sincerity.

ha, yeah.  I have seen them 3-4 times.  My wife and kids like to go, and we go with the inlaws every summer.  It's fun, but two nights would be tough for me to swallow. My wife used to play them a ton around the house.  I like the earlier stuff better than the more ballad-y stuff, but like I said, two nights would be tough.  When I went a few years ago I went like 3 hours early with my father inlaw to get in line because he likes to get a certain spot in the venue.  So we were like  20th in line to get in, and all the people in front of us were there to get spots on the rail.  They had all been to like the previous 5 shows of the tour and were comparing the tour setlists and versions and it made me laugh because I  thought they were insane but when people do it for Phish I think it is completely normal.  Sat there for 3 hours in my lawn chair listening to them geek out on the Avetts tour.

Offline alcoholandcoffeebeans

• In the Band
  • would rather yell and spit.
« Reply #2884 on: Yesterday at 09:24:30 PM »
July 
:phish: at the nutter center

August
Avetts at Great American Ballpark
Bela Fleck at PNC pavilion (inside Riverbend)
honest to the point of recklessness...

♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
« Reply #2885 on: Today at 03:46:15 AM »
July 
:phish: at the nutter center

August
Avetts at Great American Ballpark
Bela Fleck at PNC pavilion (inside Riverbend)

Well, don't leave us hanging... how were the shows?!  :police:
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.