News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 09, 2018, 01:12:41 PM
I followed most of that and I'm into any new content, honestly. I still basically suck but I love hacking away at it.

Tell me more about this:
QuoteProbably the most exciting news was a 99% confirmation from the lead Dev on twitter that they are going to add a Large Scale Conquest type mode.
This has personally been my biggest request to add a large mode that wasnt linear objective based but more typical open control point focused.
Well as far as the actual commmunication of it all everything has been coming from one of the lead devs on twitter b/c EA has a choke hold on 'official' talk about future plans. So he has basically been leaking out as much info as possible through 'unofficial' channels. Apparently he revised a tweet like 3 times, prob/ b/c of some censoring from EA, that basically said -yes they are working on it.

AS far as what a Conquest type mode means- Basically this is the type of large mode that was the main mode in the original games and is also the centerpiece mode of DICE's Battlefield games. So it really is a no brainer for it to be in these games yet DICE has steered away from it instead giving us 'Galactic Assault'.

GA is more of a linear procedural mode akin to battlefield's Rush mode where you capture/finish one set of objectives to move on to the next part of the map.
The problem with a procedural type mode is that each part of the map you are on is limited in the spaces you can fight in. Think of a GA map like KAMINO where if the defending team is really good you can be stuck fighting over that one small room at the beginning for the entire game.
IE we are talking about a 'control point' type mode where you have a large open map with 3-7ish control points to fight over and generally speaking score for capturing/holding those points.
IF say there was a Conquest type mode on a map like KAmino the entire map would be open the whole game with 'pockets' of fighting over spaced out points. This type of mode allows for so much more freedom and variety in engagments.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

That sounds like a welcome addition to me.

Bobafett

Quote from: birdman on January 25, 2018, 08:30:39 AM
Anybody else playing fortnight? Holy shit is this game addicting

I'm in love with this game.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

nab

I followed most of that and I'm into any new content, honestly. I still basically suck but I love hacking away at it.

You and me both.  I'm awful at these kinds of games, but I have a blast playing them, including SWBF.

Battlefield One has also been one of my frequent haunts.

Slim, a 100 kill game?  Holy shit.  Makes me glad I play on Xbox and don't have to go up against you.

ETA: I got in the top 5 , in SWBFII once, late at night, on an off night, and consider that an achievement.  Something like 20 kills.  Haven't topped it.  Just don't have the coordination and spacial awareness.  Probably the same reason I was in the pep band in high school and not on the field. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: nab on February 17, 2018, 03:37:57 PM

You and me both.  I'm awful at these kinds of games, but I have a blast playing them, including SWBF.

Slim, a 100 kill game?  Holy shit.  Makes me glad I play on Xbox and don't have to go up against you.

ETA: I got in the top 5 , in SWBFII once, late at night, on an off night, and consider that an achievement.  Something like 20 kills.  Haven't topped it.  Just don't have the coordination and spacial awareness.  Probably the same reason I was in the pep band in high school and not on the field.

PRO TIP:
As of now (-could change tomorrow when new update drops)  if your interested in what is currently the OP way to rack up battlepoints and score with a trooper...
-Officer with the following star cards:
1. Improved Battle Command
2. Officer's Presence
3. BOunty Hunter

with that combo you can literally get 6000 battlepoints, enough for a hero, in less than 60 seconds by just playing near teamates that are taking damage.
Officer's presence  kicks in your allies health regen and gives you points for it every time they take damage. Its honestly a little broken and i wouldnt be surprised to see a nerf, but i'll let ya know.

Combined with that OP card setup Officer's just happen to have the overall strongest weapons currently (again could change with update).
All 3 of the pistols besides the starter one are very good. The top tier SE-44c with rapid shot mod being the best overall gun in the game currently.
IF they don't nerf it tomorrow i highly recommend working towards getting it (with the rapid fire mod),

nab

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 18, 2018, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: nab on February 17, 2018, 03:37:57 PM

PRO TIP:
As of now (-could change tomorrow when new update drops)  if your interested in what is currently the OP way to rack up battlepoints and score with a trooper...
-Officer with the following star cards:
1. Improved Battle Command
2. Officer's Presence
3. BOunty Hunter

with that combo you can literally get 6000 battlepoints, enough for a hero, in less than 60 seconds by just playing near teamates that are taking damage.
Officer's presence  kicks in your allies health regen and gives you points for it every time they take damage. Its honestly a little broken and i wouldnt be surprised to see a nerf, but i'll let ya know.

Combined with that OP card setup Officer's just happen to have the overall strongest weapons currently (again could change with update).
All 3 of the pistols besides the starter one are very good. The top tier SE-44c with rapid shot mod being the best overall gun in the game currently.
IF they don't nerf it tomorrow i highly recommend working towards getting it (with the rapid fire mod),

Well, I gave it a chance this morning after the patch, and it is still an exceptionally fast way to rack up battle points.

VA $l!m

yeah just played a game, Officers presence + bounty hunter is still ridick BP generation.
They 'fixed' the SE-44c's cooling rate which was broken, but its still the best short-mid range gun in the game with the rapid fire mod equiped. I highly recommend grinding that bad boy if you dont have it already.

OVerall a fantastic update and really resolves most of the balancing issues from launch. Now with the progression revamp in MArch we should see a steady stream of content for the rest of the year.
I'm still hoping for CLone Wars, OB1+ Grevous, season in March, then a SOlo season has been confirmed for MAy to go with the movie.

PErsonally im real excited for the new limited time mode Jumpack Cargo, bascially Capture the flag with jumppacks.
they also added new arcade maps.

the biggest part of this update htough was the hero balance changes. some of them sorely needed like fixing emperors abilities going thru walls, lol.
to generalize:
Luke, Vader, YOda, Lando, Iden, Boba, kylo, and phasma all got buffs.
Chewie, Bossk, Rey, Emperor all go nerfs to one degree or another.

heres the notes if you want to check them out.
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/99477/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-patch-1-2/p1?new=1

VA $l!m

small correction- apparently the cooling issue with the se-44c might be part of a wider  bug affecting multiple weapons and they are working on it. So, either way still the best gun AFAIK.

VA $l!m

hero balance 10x better now... and OMG how they buffed Boba is awesome, lol.
not only did they make his blaster actually good, but they superrcharged his jetpack, its insane now flying around like a harrier jet, lol.
-also, YOda buff ha! YOda was already my best hero on light side and thye went and buffed his lightsaber damage... heh. :samurai:

emay

nab

Jumped 2.5 levels today using the officer method Slim suggested. 

Won't take too long to notice though considering I'm finishing in the top 10 consistently, and top 5 intermittently with the method, despite a significantly lower K/D ratio than the other players on my team. 

But for now it works better than my go-to before, which was contesting congested areas and vulnerable At-Ats (or MTTs) with explosive Heavies.

Though I've found success in different areas/game progressions by switching between them as needed.

ETA:  I'm starting to understand the Officer role better through the congested areas as well.  Dropping a turret and buffing allies isn't as Rambo as blowing them apart with an explosive Heavy, but it is sometimes just as effective; especially in BP.

VA $l!m

Another quick tip if your trying to get heroes with all those BPs but your finding max # are in play whenever you try to select them.
Besides watching the kill feed for yellow names, which indicate when a hero dies, there is one sure fire way to get a hero if you have the points.

Every map has a hero cap of 2 per team for the first 2-3 stages depending on map length, but in the final stage it allows 4 heroes per team.
So, say your in a game and have saved up enouhg BPs for a hero and your team is etiher just about to cap or lose the next to last objective.
Right before that objective caps hit options and force Respawn. As soon as the final stage objective loads 2 hero slots will open up and if your hovering over them you will be able to select one 99% of the time.

VA $l!m

Quote from: nab on February 20, 2018, 01:37:25 AM
Jumped 2.5 levels today using the officer method Slim suggested. 

Won't take too long to notice though considering I'm finishing in the top 10 consistently, and top 5 intermittently with the method, despite a significantly lower K/D ratio than the other players on my team. 

But for now it works better than my go-to before, which was contesting congested areas and vulnerable At-Ats (or MTTs) with explosive Heavies.

Though I've found success in different areas/game progressions by switching between them as needed.

ETA:  I'm starting to understand the Officer role better through the congested areas as well.  Dropping a turret and buffing allies isn't as Rambo as blowing them apart with an explosive Heavy, but it is sometimes just as effective; especially in BP.
yeah, i  pull out heavy mostly when trying to take out vehicles. ion torpedo + ion turret.

also, another big perk of officer is the flash grenade which is still the strongest ability in the game and by far the best way for a trooper to take out a hero.
Conversely, when playing heroes avoid flashes at all cost, lol.

VA $l!m

just a heads up- apparently since the Battlefront update there is  a pretty bad bug.
something about the explosive shot mod is doing like double damage. most notably on the dc 15(?) heavy weapon.
so prepare for some messy GA matches til they hopefully patch the patch ASAP.
in the mean time i highly recommend playing some Jumppack Cargo, its awesome.

thankfully im still pretty addicted to monster hunter ATM, lol, but ill let yall kno when the bug is fixed.

VA $l!m

well, hopefully now that the biggest SWB youtuber is putting it out there so everyone knows DICE will rush a fix for this. its also all over the reddit.
I played a bunch of games last night and didn't run into anyone using the dc-15 explosive shot, but that's porb b/c alot of people didn't have the attachment grinded yet like me.
i'm guessing that within a week this will be spreading like wildfire if they don't get it resolved. ::fingers crossed::