News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Has it really been........

Started by adavem, May 21, 2007, 07:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adavem

40 years since the summer of '67? Damn!!!!! I was listening to some early dead shows this weekend and it hit me. Indeed...it HAS been a long strange trip!!!!

tet

... and on June 1 (UK) and June 2 (USA), it will have been 40 years since Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play...   :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

personally i keep thinking if i could have just one wish, it would be to have been born exactly 20 years earlier... then my first dead show would've been in 1972, my favorite year.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: adavem on May 21, 2007, 07:11:42 AM
40 years since the summer of '67? Damn!!!!! I was listening to some early dead shows this weekend and it hit me. Indeed...it HAS been a long strange trip!!!!
please - don't remind me
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gumbo72203

I was going to make a post a little bit ago about it being 1000 days since Coventry. 

20 years earlier?  Man, I'd be happy to have been born 5 years earlier.  I'd only be 16 again...  man I hate growing up. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: VA slim on May 21, 2007, 10:08:34 AM
personally i keep thinking if i could have just one wish, it would be to have been born exactly 20 years earlier... then my first dead show would've been in 1972, my favorite year.
I've often thought about that too. For me, it would have been just a 5 year difference. But, if it will make you feel any better, being old enough to go to Woodstock, or seeing the Dead in 70 or 72, also means that you would have been old enough to get a free, all expenses paid, government sponsored trip to Southeast Asia.
I'm not gonna complain.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Yeah, i've long since decided that it's just fine having been born when the draft ended...
In spite of what I may have missed.