News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

any ideas would help...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, May 23, 2007, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

just kinda grasping at thin air...

but i just got a bunch of my furniture back from my old place in richmond.
seemingly, my old room mate (who's a, well to be nice, an idiot) stuck most of it in her garage.

mildew has since taken over the back of my dresser.
i'd have junked it, but there's senitmental value to it... it was my great grandfather's...
he built it...

anyway, any suggestions how to get it offa there besides wiping it down with bleach, sanding it, and restaining it?

thanks, gentlemen & lady...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Marmar

Steam clean.....I think it's called the Shark?....wallymart has em.....

also.....leave it in the sun, in a dry place, and use some damp-rid.....that can be had at home depot/lowes......careful with that though, it is used for clandestine labs....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i'm such a dork. i'm kinda anti-wallymart.

but thanks for the suggestion.
i'm might try the sun bit.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

jephrey

You could buy it online...  Amazon probably

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: jephrey on May 23, 2007, 11:10:27 AM
You could buy it online...  Amazon probably

J

i found it on target, online.
i can do that... :)

::edit::
our kroger rents them, too...
craziness.

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gumbo72203

yeah I always thought there was some shit you could spray on mold and mildew that gets rid of it without wrecking whatever the stuff is on.  sorry im not a little more helpful haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Marmar

When the weather is damp, you may find items in your home that have musty odors and mildew stains. Once you find mold and mildew spots, remove them as soon as you can. Old stains are very hard to remove.

To remove mold and mildew stains from fabric:

1. Brush off all the mold. If you can, take the item outside to do this.

If you can not take the item outside, use a stiff brush or broom and brush the item over a piece of newspaper. Then, roll up the paper and throw it away.

If the mildew is on a carpet, vacuum to remove as much as you can. Throw the vacuum cleaner bag away after vacuuming the mold.

2. Dry-clean materials that can not be washed. Be sure to point out spots to the cleaners.

3. Wash clothing at once with laundry soap and water. Rinse well, but dry in the sun, not the clothes dryer. Heat from the dryer may make spots harder to remove.

4. If a stain remains, try to:

* soak in a laundry pre-soak product such as Axion or Biz.
          * bleach the spots, but first be sure the bleach method you choose will not change the color of the fabric.

Use:
            a non-chlorine bleach that is safe for all fabrics.

a lemon juice and salt solution for colored fabric.

a mixture of 2 Tablespoons of chlorine bleach in one quart of water. Use hot water if it is safe for the fabric. Never use chlorine bleach on silk or wool, or a fabric that says "no chlorine bleach" on the label.

dye the item a darker color if the stain remains. This may cover the stain so you can use the item.

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

alcoholandcoffeebeans

thanks

thanks     
thanks
:banana:
and thanks!!!

:-D