News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Resolutions, anyone?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, January 02, 2008, 12:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Since we all got to hear Aug's awesome acomplishment to ring in the new year....
i was curious to see if anyone else is trying to be better about something.... quit something...
or anything of the nature....

i'm quitting smoking as of midnight, tonight.
i felt that resolutions always get broken, so if i quit a day or two later i'd catch less hate and not hear.. "oh you'll be back at it in a month"  i most certainly will not. i want to quit this time. i'm done and it feels good to know that i won't be spending almost 800$/year on cancer ;)

i'm also re-enrolled this semester and i've been accepted to nursing school in the fall, if i pass this semester.
shouldn't be a problem... but i always tend to pull out of my classes with a month left to go and straight a's.
i just get bored. so here's my new start...finishing anything i set out to start.

anyone else?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

Go to it, girl. Break that end-of-semester pattern.

As for me, I'm finishing my dissertation this year, as soon as farkin' possible. UNC sucked balls, and I've been stringing this out for 2 1/2 years since moving away from Chapel Hill. I will be Dr. sunrisevt before 2008 ends. This means writing about 4 new pages a day, four or five days a week, until the baby comes at the end of February, then editing and rewriting whenever I can.

Aug's news has me contemplating a marathon. It's a lot to take on ... we'll see.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

antelope19

Being better about calling old friends back.  I have been known to not return calls.  I don't know, I guess the motivation factor is gone to keep in touch with certain people.  But I have heard complaints through the grapevine and I feel a little guilty.  So I want to be better about that. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

natronzero

I resolved that everytime I want to do this:

I'm going to do this instead:
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

khanti

I've quit eating meat
&
Quit smoking the devil weed. Shit makes me too paranoid.
QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

mattstick

Isn't tobacco the Devil's Weed?  Marlboro's make you paranoid?

I resolve to work harder at work, and treasure the new relationships in my life.

Oh, and I joined a gym and I'm gonna start going after work - but that's more of a renewal to my commitment to exercise than a resolution.

rowjimmy

I resolved several years ago not to make any more New Year resolutions.

I've stuck with it so far.

khanti

QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

rowjimmy

When you play Frisbee Golf and get stoned you rock out like Black Sabbath?
Awesome!!!

+k

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2008, 07:46:54 PM
I resolved several years ago not to make any more New Year resolutions.

I've stuck with it so far.

haha me too.  it's the easiest one to keep.

Casey Lenahan

yeah i got one:
Ima quit spending money on grass and grow my own  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I owe Aug $20

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2008, 07:55:35 PM
When you play Frisbee Golf and get stoned you rock out like Black Sabbath?
Awesome!!!

+k

:-D

sunrisevt

Frisbee golf--that's what that is! I've been wondering.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jephrey

Just to train proper and run the Chicago Marathon this year.  I've been more talk for the last 4 years, but this year, as I sign up, it'll be for sure.

If you want to quit the brown grass, then move to  Chicago where as of 1/1/08 you can no longer smoke in bars/restaurants/etc.  I know there's other places like this too, but I'm sure it makes it easy to quit.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Casey Lenahan

Chicago passed that law too, im glad i dont smoke
I owe Aug $20