News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

invading Chicago...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, April 06, 2008, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

And that doorman has been there every time I've gone in.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

so ok, here's a few pictures from the beginning to end of my birfday...

at work the night before, i had tables buying my shot after shot and as soon as i clocked out, every co-worker bought me one as well....
roomie called, said meet me at these streets in 5 minutes... i said ok...so off i go...

i meet him and we're right across the street from second city in chicago's finest dive bar.... even said so inside...

oldtowne alehouse, iirc.

lots of bad ass pictures hanging everywhere, i totally dig the darker bars... some kind of magical feeling to me....

onto my birthday.... totally bad ass day... it really was...
roomie took me to lunch around the corner and then we hit up a little bar that's basically right outside the back door to our building...
the whole reason he wanted me to see this place was the bourbon selection... they had about 30 different kinds... i stuck to what i knew and the bar was super empty... but it was only 2pm :)

then off across town to a baseball game.... we had a few beers across the street in the cubbie bar, i meant to get a picture of that too, but it slipped my mind... phish played there around '90, yes?

daytime shot....

night-time shot....

then, middle of the 5th inning... my room mate grabs my head ans turns it to the scoreboard...
you can't see it, but it says "happy birthday mandi, 26 today!"
i mean really, your name in lights at a ball field? does it really get any better?!?!?

thanks again everyone for making my 26th pretty dag-gum awesome  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

blatboom

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 16, 2008, 12:41:26 PM
then, middle of the 5th inning... my room mate grabs my head ans turns it to the scoreboard...
you can't see it, but it says "happy birthday mandi, 26 today!"
i mean really, your name in lights at a ball field? does it really get any better?!?!?

that is fantastic!  who wouldn't want to catch a game at Wrigley field on their birthday?!!   :clap:

OlfactoryHue

"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

mattstick

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on April 16, 2008, 01:38:14 PM
a white sox fan

lol

Or anyone else who cheers for a team in the NL Central.

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on April 16, 2008, 01:46:39 PM
Quote from: OlfactoryHue on April 16, 2008, 01:38:14 PM
a white sox fan

lol

Or anyone else who cheers for a team in the NL Central.

or any other NL team...

ok ok, so I guess its just me, Mandi and cubs fans.  :-D

alcoholandcoffeebeans

oh jeez.
com'on party poopers...

Wrigley is old skool... famous place, you know?

just burst my bubble...
i thought i was pretty cool.... thanks for agreeing BB  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mattstick

I'd love to spend my birthday at Wrigley - but I wouldn't want to spend it at Fenway or Yankee Stadium...

Wrigley looked bumpin' last night - great Cubs win.

willsteele

I could care less about baseball but I always loved going to games at Wrigley.  Always a good time.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sls.stormyrider

to me, there are certain places I would love to see a game, regardless of who I root for. Wrigley is one (haven't been yet)
also, Fenway and Yankee stadium (even thought I hate the Yanks). been to both

would really love to see a football game at Lambeau
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: slslbs on April 16, 2008, 08:34:57 PM

word.

If you ever get the chance you got to come to a Bills/Sabres games, 70,000 drunk Buffaloions  :beers:
I owe Aug $20

jephrey

My plan is to run the neighborhood with a giant Cubs flag when they win.  Right when they win the national league, I'm going in to buy some new insulated garage doors, but before removing the current ones (split 2-car), they'll have the cubs emblem on them for that week and a half.

Nice pics M.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on April 16, 2008, 08:34:57 PM
to me, there are certain places I would love to see a game, regardless of who I root for. Wrigley is one (haven't been yet)

QFT (notice the omissions...)

mattstick

Quote from: jephrey on April 17, 2008, 12:03:05 AM
My plan is to run the neighborhood with a giant Cubs flag when they win.  Right when they win the national league, I'm going in to buy some new insulated garage doors, but before removing the current ones (split 2-car), they'll have the cubs emblem on them for that week and a half.

Dude you just jinxed it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: jephrey on April 17, 2008, 12:03:05 AM
Nice pics M.

thanks, yo... (and no, i've not been swayed to being a cubs fan ;) )

got a visit from a 'pauger last night at work...

felt bad i had to run around a bit, but i did get to sit and chat some...
i'll reveal names when i can get pictures, its' only fair...

i'm still waiting for the rest of you chi-town inhabitants to pop in!

day off today, got out of work super late last night....
gonna get pictures of the park today...
and maybe the Hotchip after-party downtown tonight :)