News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

paug art gallery

Started by jedifunk, April 29, 2008, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

thank you... i hope to post a ton more images... i only have a few loaded on my laptop atm, but i have a pretty deep collection from over the years...

i prefer landscape photography, but enjoy everything that photography has to offer
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

You beat me to it Jedi!  I was thinking about this last night, but have been away from the comp all day.  +k to you sir!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder... its a great idea, since i know there are lots of talented peeps here at the paug... hopefully others will start to post here, otherwise it looks like i'm tootin my own horn. :roll:
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

great pics - thanks for posting.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on April 30, 2008, 03:44:39 PM
sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder... its a great idea, since i know there are lots of talented peeps here at the paug... hopefully others will start to post here, otherwise it looks like i'm tootin my own horn. :roll:

I'm glad you put this up!  I know there are some artists around here.  iirc, slim does some cool stuff.  I am actually going to an all day seminar this weekend in B-more to learn different techniques such as the ones you mentioned.  It's sponsored by Nikon, but mainly basic and advanced photography classes.  I'm pretty excited and hope to learn some new stuff and improve on some other stuff that I really need to work on.  I am still very much a novice but just really, really enjoy taking pics.  It makes me get my arse off the couch and go do stuff.   :-D  I plan on getting to some pics of Lake Powell, Grand Canyon and Monument Valley from that same trip and hope to post a few here as well. 

jedifunk

taken in october... some fall leaves that i put on my light table.  just me fooling around really, but it always makes cool shots.

nikon d70s
70mm
1/15 @ f/11
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

taken last march, early on morning when the fog was super heavy.

we were out driving around one of the lakes in the city a few days before this image, and i really wished i had my camera cuz the fog was crazy thick, making for some really cool images, but alas no camera... but i caught a break that weekend and i awoke early on morning to find thick fog... so i hoped out of bed and went back to the same lake to tool around and grab some photos.

nikon d70s
48mm
1/30 @ f/22
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

here's one from yesterday... May Day Festival... during the parade

nikon d70s
22mm
1/320 @ f/9
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Here are a few from Arizona Hot Springs, literally less than 30 min. outside of Vegas and a heck of a day hike:

Taken with my Rebel xti
Lense: Canon 28-135 IS

1) Natural Springs do crazy things to the rock.
2) The ladder leading up to the "jacuzzi" of sorts. I am really on the fence with this image and a few others as to which I like best.  This one in particular gives the best idea of what it actually looks like, IMO
3) The sandbags put in place to form the "jacuzzi"

jedifunk

nice work!

i really like the last one... you did a good job with the water movement.

good to see some other peeps posting here
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Thanks man!  I was kinda bummed that we couldn't stay later for some better light.  The hike down was kinda long and we didn't want to be hiking back in a place we didn't know very well at dark.  So we decided to head out.  However, it was well worth the trek. 

jedifunk

i feel ya... thats the downside to vacation photography... you gotta take what you can get when you get it...

thats how most of my trips are these day... i'll post some arches np images soon... we were on a trip to my brothers wedding and made a week vaca out of it... spend one evening at sundown there, and i got up early the next morning to hike up to delicate arch for sunrise... wish i had had more time for that, but thats vaca photography.

excited to see more of your work.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

whyweigh5.0

wish I had my camera.  I lent it to my cousin a while ago for a college photog class and haven't seen it or even heard from him since :?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Jedi,
Do you do any post processing/editing in photoshop or other program?  I am not any good at it(yet, hopefully) so I don't really do anything.  I am hoping to attend a seminar or class in the future. 

jedifunk

i used to be a photoshop guru... but i've taken to using Lightroom almost exclusively these days..

i shoot RAW only, and Lightroom is a one stop application for cataloging, stacking, culling, and editing all my photos...  its fairly light on my cpu & ram (especially when compared to photoshop)... it offers all the photographic adjustments necessary without all the extra BS that photoshop is bogged down with these days.

originally i was using apple's aperture, but once lightroom had a free beta and i tried it i made the move to it as it just seemed a bit better, especially in image manipulation... which it should since adobe has made its name with photoshop...

i really like aperture as its very user friendly and has some great and unique features, but at the end of the day, lightroom just made producing great images easier.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio