News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2018, 01:49:50 PM
Went and picked up the Hot Tuna RSD release just now because it's awesome.

It is, indeed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2018, 11:50:16 AM
I was just looking on Discogs and noticed that there are no songs on side D of Billy Breathes. What's on that side? Please tell me it's an etching of Mike's face!

I listened to the Billy Breathes Sessions this morning with 'breakfast' ::wink, wink, nudge, nudge:: and realized that not only could they have put Strange Design on side D of the RSD release, but also Grind and Weekly Time.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Dug into my "Before The Dead" box today.
It's beautiful. The notes are extensive, the records sound delightful. A few of the recordings are extremely amateur but they've restored them well.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2018, 07:11:26 PM
Dug into my "Before The Dead" box today.
It's beautiful. The notes are extensive, the records sound delightful. A few of the recordings are extremely amateur but they've restored them well.
Mine is supposed to dock on Wednesday.  Can't wait.

shoreline99

Picked up the new Lord Huron yesterday, and grabbed a couple of used Stevie Ray Vaughn LP's.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

Some pretty sweet scores for a buck a pop at a street fair today. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Sweet haul. Also: can't go wrong with The Kinks
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 21, 2018, 12:32:59 AM

Some pretty sweet scores for a buck a pop at a street fair today.

I've had that Cars on my list for a minute.  I see it around for $4-$7 but haven't pulled the trigger.

mopper_smurf

Just ordered this.  Rogers Waters - Is This the Life We Really Want? on green vinyl.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Haven't checked prices online but was at my local store yesterday and they have Billy Breathes for $60 and GD Fillmore W for $100 if anyone still needs.

Also, new Wooden Shjips is bad ass.

ETA:  Looks like GD is only $70 on Discogs and BB is $75....

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 27, 2018, 04:48:07 PM
Haven't checked prices online but was at my local store yesterday and they have Billy Breathes for $60 and GD Fillmore W for $100 if anyone still needs.

They still had two GD Records Collections at Millennium for $70 yesterday, good chance they mark them down again. I'll keep my eye on them. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 27, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 27, 2018, 04:48:07 PM

They still had two GD Records Collections at Millennium for $70 yesterday, good chance they mark them down again. I'll keep my eye on them.

Nice.  I still need that.

mopper_smurf

Triple 10" coming soon! You want this.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 31, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Triple 10" coming soon! You want this.

Thanks for the heads-up!  Would love to hear Florence Sur Les Champs Élysées alt cuts. 

PIE-GUY

Seriously... Phish is releasing a box set from the Bakers Dozen that has 13 songs across 12 sides of vinyl. There is literally only one side of one disc that has two tracks... the rest are one song per side. Does that seem insane to anyone else?

QuoteLP1
Side A
Blaze On
July 29, 2017 - Cinnamon

Side B
Roggae
July 22, 2017 - Strawberry

LP2
Side C
Simple
August 6, 2017 - Glazed

Side D