News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019/07/5-07/6 - Phenway Park - Boston, MA

Started by PIE-GUY, January 31, 2019, 03:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

What part of town should we stay? We are flying in after work on the 3rd and plan on doing some tourist stuff on the 4th then rage.. We have some friends staying in Back Bay.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

birdman

Quote from: zimbra on April 24, 2019, 09:39:34 PM
What part of town should we stay? We are flying in after work on the 3rd and plan on doing some tourist stuff on the 4th then rage.. We have some friends staying in Back Bay.
if you can stay in the back bay you'll be close to Fenway and the 4th of July festivities. Really, you can stay anywhere in the city and you'll be close to everything. Boston is a small city relative to most "big" cities. Just avoid Roxbury and you'll be fine. The seaport district is the new, happening part of the city but it could be pricey.
Paug FTMFW!

Bobafett

I'd like to recommend eating at Saltie Girl.   It's very good, also very small, so you may have to wait a bit.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

pcr3

Quote from: Bobafett on April 25, 2019, 07:57:19 AM
I'd like to recommend eating at Saltie Girl.   It's very good, also very small, so you may have to wait a bit.

Weird...I've been living within 10 miles of Boston for over 25 years and have literally never heard of this place.

That being said, there are a ton of good places to eat in the city.  This summer, we also have multiple places that are opening that will essentially be run by local breweries.  Trillium has their new Seaport location and will have their Greenway popup open again downtown, Nightshift has their new Lovejoy Wharf location in the city, and there are many others....

https://massbrewbros.com/11-seasonal-beer-gardens-are-set-to-pop-up-around-boston-weve-mapped-them-all-for-you/

It is a glorious time to be a beer drinker in the Boston area.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

zimbra

Quote from: birdman on April 25, 2019, 05:46:27 AM
if you can stay in the back bay you'll be close to Fenway and the 4th of July festivities. Really, you can stay anywhere in the city and you'll be close to everything. Boston is a small city relative to most "big" cities. Just avoid Roxbury and you'll be fine. The seaport district is the new, happening part of the city but it could be pricey.

The W is a Marriott property (platinum elite member so free upgrade) and seems to be centrally located at a reasonable price.  4 stops on the T. Should I pull the trigger or look elsewhere?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

It's right in the theater district and near Chinatown, lots of restaurants. The bar is a happening place. Convenient for the T. A couple stops the other way and you'll be near Haymarket. If you have a good deal there, I would take it.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

birdman

Quote from: zimbra on June 13, 2019, 08:19:51 PM
Quote from: birdman on April 25, 2019, 05:46:27 AM

The W is a Marriott property (platinum elite member so free upgrade) and seems to be centrally located at a reasonable price.  4 stops on the T. Should I pull the trigger or look elsewhere?
yeah that's pretty central to everything. You could easily walk to Fenway from there
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

So this festival that Jauntee was gonna play on 7/6 just got cancelled...

Really thinking about changing my flight into Boston a few days earlier - might be able to make it here... :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 23, 2019, 04:05:20 PM

Really thinking about changing my flight into Boston a few days earlier - might be able to make it here... :wtu:

tickets should be easy - do it!

ETA... who thinks they can out-drink WTU this time??
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 23, 2019, 04:34:04 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 23, 2019, 04:05:20 PM

tickets should be easy - do it!

ETA... who thinks they can out-drink WTU this time??

I'm too old for that shit.

(& challenge accepted.)
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

I'm guessing WTU may be hitting his prime, you dudes could be in trouble.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 23, 2019, 05:44:46 PM
he's half my size and 1/4 PGs size. I think we have this under control  :sbw:
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on June 23, 2019, 06:15:46 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 23, 2019, 05:44:46 PM
he's half my size and 1/4 PGs size. I think we have this under control  :sbw:

I have a unique set of skills. I'm currently working full time at a brewery. I'm at my heaviest. I'm not concerned with  :wtu:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

No fuckin' way I'm trying to outdrink you two.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mbw

Dude will be beating up inanimate objects before Dave and Wendell are getting started.