News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Decemberists Thread

Started by shoreline99, September 02, 2008, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

In our last e-missive, there was a passing reference to the fact that summer is upon us. That, my friends, does not appear to still be true in some northwestern climes. Fall seems to be creeping in with its mossy, moldering fingers.

And so: what better time to hit the road to bring our Decemberists' entertainments to the public, to the masses? And so: the Decemberists will be bringing the Bridesmaid Revisted Tour 2008 to a few fair US cities in November. Dates are as follow:

11-05 New York, NY - Terminal 5
11-06 Boston, MA - The Orpheum
11-07 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
11-08 Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
11-09 Ithaca, NY - Cornell University, Barton Hall
11-11 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre
11-24 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
11-25 San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
11-29 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
11-30 Seattle, WA - The Moore Theatre

A limited number of pre-order tickets go on sale today, September 2nd, to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis at http://www.decemberists.com.tickets.musictoday.com. General ticket on-sales begin on Saturday, September 6th for East Coast dates and on Saturday, September 13th for West Coast dates. Our good friends and fellow PDXers Loch Lomond will be opening the dates.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

They're playing on my wife's birthday.. It's a Saturday and the closest they come to us all tour.
We'll still miss it.  :-(

jedifunk

so excited... till i saw that they don't come anywhere near me... bummer
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: jedifunk on September 02, 2008, 01:35:38 PM

ditto.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sophist

Quote from: jedifunk on September 02, 2008, 01:35:38 PM
yep. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

shoreline99

Well, I for one will try to catch them in NYC.

mattstick

Wasn't really that excited, but would've gone to see a Toronto show...

Did they ever make up the dates for those shows they canceled?  Weren't they going to play one night of all long songs, then another night of all short songs?

rowjimmy

That tour was outright canceled after one two-night stand.

The recordings fromt hose shows (Chicago) are on the Archive and are terrific.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2008, 10:55:30 PM
That tour was outright canceled after one two-night stand.

The recordings fromt hose shows (Chicago) are on the Archive and are terrific.

QFT. The recordings on the llama are fantastic.

danje

rowjimmy

I believe it was illness.

They had previously canceled some Europe dates and then tried the long & short of it tour a month later but the person was not well enough to manage.

shoreline99

end of sons and daughters. should have grabbed more video. i'll post a few pics later.

RJ, the setlist was pretty much the same as 10/30, but they added several more songs in INCLUDING Mariner's Revenge, where Chris Funk came out with a stand-up cardboard figure of Obama instead of the giant whale mouth :)

mattstick

I'm hoping for another tour soon, with a Toronto stop.

rowjimmy

Nice vid.
Shame you didn't shoot more video, that was a cool vantage point.

I sort of agree with Matt, I hope they tour soon and come to DC.

shoreline99

didn't have enough space on the memory card. i swapped out with my buddy to try it out at the end. it was a GREAT spot to see the show. i had read horrible things about the sound in that place, so i wanted to be in a decent spot. you can hear how the sound drops off greatly just as i panned the camera.

hope you guys get to see them. unbelievable show. they played until they got thrown off the stage due to a curfew on the performances; they actually started before 9 and played for about 2 1/2 hours with no real break. i'll post a setlist later when i can focus.