News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 13, 2012, 10:02:58 PM
gonna use that promo to buy a cleaner for my vinyl... any suggestions? is this one good?

http://www.needledoctor.com/Stanton-VC-1-Vinyl-Cleaner

no advice on this one?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Augustus

Got a buncha older stuff and a few duplicates.

Elvis - In Person at the Vegas blah blah blah
Elvis - @ MSG
Elvis - Blue Hawaii
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
MJ - Thriller
Robby Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

Stray Cats - Built for Speed
George Harrison - Somewhere In England
John Barry - Goldfinger
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow
Mitch Ryder - How I Spent My Vacation

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun
Talking Heads - Little Creatures
GD - American Beauty
The Police - Regatta de Blanc
Pink Floyd - Meddle
BM & t W's - Exodus

Whole lot for under $40 shipped.

Augustus

Best Buy order just showed up.
Each one was $9.99 with free shipping.
Deal is still going on...

Fleet Foxes - S/T + Sun Giant EP
Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
James Hendrix - Axis: Bold as *LUV*
Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

Caravan2001

Used the Needle Doctor code to break the bank and buy a Jolida tube pre...Hooked up some Mullard tubes to swap out the stock tubes and some Audioquest cables....We'll see how this sounds compared to my 20 year old Realistic pre (solid state) and Radio Shack unshielded RCA's....for the price of the thing I am hoping the Jolida gives me a bj too.....

Caravan2001

Quote from: Augustus on February 15, 2012, 08:23:32 PM

Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

I need to get on that....

Buffalo Budd

Wow Aug, that's some serious loot. 
I actually just got these as well.

Quote from: Augustus on February 15, 2012, 07:04:45 PM
Talking Heads - Little Creatures
GD - American Beauty
The Police - Regatta de Blanc
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: Augustus on February 15, 2012, 08:23:32 PM

Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

sweet dude!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 15, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
Used the Needle Doctor code to break the bank and buy a Jolida tube pre...Hooked up some Mullard tubes to swap out the stock tubes and some Audioquest cables....We'll see how this sounds compared to my 20 year old Realistic pre (solid state) and Radio Shack unshielded RCA's....for the price of the thing I am hoping the Jolida gives me a bj too.....

Wow.
Big step-up there...

Nice going.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 16, 2012, 07:19:22 AM

Wow.
Big step-up there...

Nice going.
I am really bad with impulse purchases, but shit like that makes me happy so resistance is futile....I would have blown the dough going to Vegas anyway.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 16, 2012, 09:55:51 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 16, 2012, 07:19:22 AM

Wow.
Big step-up there...

Nice going.
I am really bad with impulse purchases, but shit like that makes me happy so resistance is futile....I would have blown the dough going to Vegas anyway.

Spending it this way means you will get good music and more of it for your $$.

Hicks

Audioquest? 

Hope you didn't drop too much on those. . . 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on February 16, 2012, 11:04:14 AM

Audioquest? 

Hope you didn't drop too much on those. . .

They were cheap, that's why I got them.  $20 for 1.5 meters, but I figure they have to be better than what I have...I asked the guy at needle doctor what he recommended in the $20-$30 range and that's what he thought..Maybe I should have called Aperion?  I am still not sold on the $75 or the $750 patch cable.....I am doubting I can hear a discernable difference.  I am hoping that I hear a difference in the preamp upgrade though, and I expect I will.....

PIE-GUY

Bob Dylan mono box set came in yesterday. Starting from the beginning. 4 songs into the eponymous first album and I gotta say it sounds wonderful.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 18, 2012, 10:20:44 AM
Bob Dylan mono box set came in yesterday. Starting from the beginning. 4 songs into the eponymous first album and I gotta say it sounds wonderful.

Awesome.  I have one en route, should be showing up in the next few days.  I am psyched for it.

Augustus

Scooped a few today.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (I needed the booklet)
R.E.M - Document
Trini Lopez - Live at Basin St. East
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
AC/DC - Back In Black
Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys