News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/07 - The Gorge Amphitheatre - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 08, 2009, 02:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: VA slim on August 08, 2009, 07:58:57 AM
late second set gin...hmmm...

Yeah, right? Unusual placement for sure fro any Gin.  Can anyone remember when such a late Gin came into play?  This one also clocks in at 18 minutes, just awesome stuff.  They threw us a curevball with the setlists finally.  :rockout:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

flow00

rowjimmy

The P&M intro is a tad rough.
First times are so often not the way you'd wish they were.

flow00

flow00

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 08, 2009, 08:50:58 AM

There are rough patches throughout the show, but the boys are making up for it with intensity and exploration.

I'm listening to Hood now. Atypical intro.

tweezerfan

QuoteFirst times are so often not the way you'd wish they were.

lol.  :lol:

rowjimmy

Quote from: flow00 on August 08, 2009, 09:04:29 AM

There are rough patches throughout the show, but the boys are making up for it with intensity and exploration.

I'm listening to Hood now. Atypical intro.

The P&M redeems itself for sure.
DWD was good but short.

mistercharlie

I'm listening to the Taylorc recording right now and am resisting all the urges to jump around to the songs I really wanna hear. So far I'm on Ocelot.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

inourdr

Agreed. It's nice to see them stretching out some songs again since we haven't had to much exploration this tour.

flow00

Quote from: inourdr on August 08, 2009, 11:50:10 AM

Agreed. It's nice to see them stretching out some songs again since we haven't had to much exploration this tour.

It seemed from the opening note that they were feeling confident and comfortable. This was definitely a show where they took chances. And much of it was successful.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 08, 2009, 12:01:16 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 08, 2009, 10:50:49 AM
The P&M redeems itself for sure.

QFT

For a song that's sort of similar in compositional style, P&M is so much better than TTE. I have always loved P&M...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Trey was pretty talkative in the first set. Sally is absolutly sick!! Top 3.0 right here.

nab

Connection here won't let me post a full review from the phone, but I had a great time last night.  Met up with antelope, goodabouthood, jimmywilson, and uncleebineezer.  Boys hit the stage just as the sun set.  Can't wait for tonight.  Full reveiw to follow on my return.  Not a bad first show.