News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 3 - 2 - GD - American Beauty v 3 - Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 26, 2012, 09:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: slslbs on March 26, 2012, 10:36:56 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on March 26, 2012, 12:58:49 PM
Hendrix. i can't believe a Dead album is beating him. oh wait. where am i? yes i can.

E72 and Workingman's are both losing.
and apparently so is American Beauty - an album of great, great American songs
so...

so...there's still hope for all you crazy deadheads? i concur!   :-D

Superfreakie

If I had never heard Electric Ladyland I would of never heard American Beauty, by sussing out Hendrix I found the GD, Miles, Coltrane, Santana, Clapton.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 27, 2012, 07:04:00 PM
If I had never heard Electric Ladyland I would of never heard American Beauty, by sussing out Hendrix I found the GD, Miles, Coltrane, Santana, Clapton.
Weird.
It was Grateful Dead that led me to points beyond.

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 28, 2012, 09:44:55 AM
Weird.

Not so weird...  There are more than a few of us that found GD through Hendrix... 

Experience and Cream/BlindFaith/Traffic was my intro to the "genre"... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 28, 2012, 10:08:03 AM
Weird.

Not so weird...  There are more than a few of us that found GD through Hendrix... 

Terry

Weird.

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 28, 2012, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 28, 2012, 10:08:03 AM
Weird.

Terry

Weird.

Hendrix was my gateway musician as well.  He didn't lead me to the  :syf: per se but did reinforce my curiosities about Miles, John McLaughlin and others.

phil

I was raised on American Beauty. I used to have a cd of it, the liner notes said "when songs from our generation are sung around campfires 200 years from now, the songs on this album will be among them."

Jimi Hendrix is a good musician, the GD wrote the soundtrack to my life. No-brainer here.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

Quote from: phil on March 28, 2012, 05:26:16 PM
Jimi Hendrix is a good musician, the GD wrote the soundtrack to my life.

american beauty has songs about banging sorostitues and smoking sherm?

phil

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 28, 2012, 05:31:49 PM
Quote from: phil on March 28, 2012, 05:26:16 PM
Jimi Hendrix is a good musician, the GD wrote the soundtrack to my life.

american beauty has songs about banging sorostitues and smoking sherm?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

only if you play it backwards
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

all tied up here. so either we need another voter, or someone needs to change their vote.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Superfreakie

Someone cast a deciding vote. Not sure who it was but I would assume they also hold the tie breaker ballot in the other group. Interesting. Come out of the shadows you nefarious one.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

Superfreakie