News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/14 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 14, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnesy305

Quote from: McGrupp on August 09, 2013, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 08, 2013, 10:36:03 PM
Listening to the Light again now. Very different, very good. The transition into Boogie On is better than I remember from first listen. The key with these days (aside from Trey just blowing right past everyone) is whether Fishman manages to make the pivot without having to come to a complete stop.

The Antelope has nice energy and hits a second gear, though before that it has its share of moments of Trey not being able to keep pace with his own intentions.

I dig the spacey, organ-infused* Mike/Page interplay in Mule.

* Yes, I said "organ-infused."

eta: Maybe that was Fish on the marimba lumina and not Pay Jorgan?

yeah it was Fish

and I was losing it.

Just ask barnesy

Truth. I think you said "What the Fuck!?!?" about a dozen times.

Mr. Natural

"A brief walk through the parking lot @ Merriweather Post Pavilion, Phish 7/13/13"

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

VDB

Revisiting this Stash. I love where it goes at around 6:30, then into a nice Stash jam, then into some wah-laced nastiness at around 9:00, followed by a nice major-key lift at around 10:00, then a return to the Stash theme at around 11:00 to bring it home. Solid.
Is this still Wombat?

McGrupp

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 07, 2013, 01:26:38 PM
Revisiting this Stash. I love where it goes at around 6:30, then into a nice Stash jam, then into some wah-laced nastiness at around 9:00, followed by a nice major-key lift at around 10:00, then a return to the Stash theme at around 11:00 to bring it home. Solid.

My fav Stash of the summer.

Except for the various ones I ate on tour.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 07, 2013, 01:26:38 PM

very solid stash. was raving about this stash all night after the show. turned around and gave my friend the look during the jam too, it def started to go places.

VDB

This Light is still cool as hell. One of the more unique jams of the year. It has a very experimental/abstract sound to it, dare I say almost as though it stepped right out of some late-1994-era Tweezer...
Is this still Wombat?