News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, November 01, 2013, 01:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: slslbs on November 01, 2013, 06:33:27 AM
Who hacked into Scott's account?

His bipolar is in full swing.
Scott, I hope you didn't pay the stubhub price for that ticket. 
That may affect your opinion of what went down
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Augustus

I agree with Scott.
They were busy writing new songs and didn't have time to learn another album 'cause that takes time and PRACTICE.
AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Augustus

Anyhoo, how much were tickets going for?
And the other two sets were basic.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

macaronihead

I enjoyed being able to hear the debut of the "album" from my couch. Had I been there... definitely would have been disappointed in not getting a true musical costume. Fuego and Wombat are killer tho.

1st set sucked, IMO. Ghost and Carini were awesome 3rd set. Was hoping Hood would have a little extra oomph but whatever

Insert Beer

Quote from: Augustus on November 01, 2013, 07:17:25 AM
I agree with Scott.
They were busy writing new songs and didn't have time to learn another album 'cause that takes time and PRACTICE.
AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Learning and WRITING new songs takes PRACTICE. 

rowjimmy

I enjoyed the show.
Clearly some of the new songs need work or should stay in the studio (where I expect all of them will shine) but most of the material was interesting to awesome.

First set started a little rough but things started hanging together with BOTT  and after that it was good. Third set was sick. Ghost was good and Carini was awesome with heavy Slave-related jamming.

Scott, if you think debuting an entirely new albums worth if material in front if an audience that might have othe expectations is "the easy way out" you've got a pretty skewed sense of difficulty.

I'd bet they were nervous as shit and probably worked harder on this and any of the covers.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2013, 07:50:04 AM
I enjoyed the show.
Clearly some of the new songs need work or should stay in the studio (where I expect all of them will shine) but most of the material was interesting to awesome.

First set started a little rough but things started hanging together with BOTT  and after that it was good. Third set was sick. Ghost was good and Carini was awesome with heavy Slave-related jamming.

Scott, if you think debuting an entirely new albums worth if material in front if an audience that might have othe expectations is "the easy way out" you've got a pretty skewed sense of difficulty.

I'd bet they were nervous as shit and probably worked harder on this and any of the covers.

Yup.

It's  :phish:

Especially on 'ween, always expect the unexpected and embrace it.  I think the album has some great potential.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

I'm most disappointed that they strayed from the Halloween tradition.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mattstick on November 01, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

Well, I am not. They have one more year to learn Humble Pie's Rocking The Fillmore. Or better yet: Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour '74.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on November 01, 2013, 08:10:19 AM
Quote from: mattstick on November 01, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

Well, I am not. They have one more year to learn Humble Pie's Rocking The Fillmore. Or better yet: Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour '74.

Barnsey supports this post.

susep

I was listening via the LP stream, my computer crashed twice so I missed Waiting All Night, caught up at the end of Wombat.  Overall I really enjoyed the new tunes, specifically Fuego, Monica,  Wombat(sounded funky when I got back on the stream) and, 555.
First set was standard 3.0 rock peak.  Even in the new songs Trey's rock peak solos were not great for ex. see Fuego. 
Third set started off nice with an IT like Ghost before another jam laden Carini, my computer crashed again so I said fuck it and crashed out. 

I like concept of the new songs and am not disappointed they played this suite of tunes.  Who knows, maybe they'll play an album tonight or tomorrow night ala 2Nov.98.  Even if they don't, last night's set II was indeed good. 

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

last nights notes before the crash:
set II

Wingsuit - really dig Trey's tone and guitar parts, meh rock peak solos, Mike drill,

Fuego - Zappa esque, interesting Lllama esque break, nice jam, "Diego...", I wish in the close-ups they would show Trey's left hand more, decent songs so far, Trey still sounds flat even in these compositions solo wise, cool ending.

The Line - more trippy guitar from Trey, more Beach Boys style background harmonies, this outro jam sounds like a jam from???, not bad.

Monica - great variety, Page Manzurek, lost show???

Waiting All Night - missed, computer crash???

Wombat - nice funk,

Snow - more acoustic Phish, mellow

Devotion To A Dream - slight KDF vibe,

555 - cool tune, cool mellow vamp, nice Page swelling underneath on the ivories, spaceship Phish, new Nirvana, pretty cool

Winterqueen - nice Page in the solo section, quiet tune, a winter night's tune,

Amist - more acoustic, Dylan Trey, nice little tune, Jack and Jill went up the hill...

You Never Know - Trey a victim of Madoff?, catchy progression,

love the NJ mob drama