News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2010 shn/flac -> aac app

Started by jedifunk, August 25, 2010, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Do you have Wine on your system?  If so, Trader's Little Helper runs great with it.  And you can go from any format to any format directly (including shn/flac -> aac).  That could be an alternative if you can't find any native programs to do this.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: StCarl on August 26, 2010, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 26, 2010, 12:48:17 PM
ok, so this XLD isn't that great.

it wouldn't even convert some of my flacs either.  it didn't recognize so of them.

crap
Huh.  I never had a problem with a .flac using it here yet.  Drag.

same here.
strange
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Multibeast12

Quote from: jedifunk on August 26, 2010, 11:56:58 AM
yeah, i have xACT.  i was hoping that technology had advanced enough that i could go straight shn/flac -> aac.

will try this new thing, xld
The xACT that i have can do to AAC. It's under the Lossy tab. Seems to work for me.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on August 26, 2010, 05:38:39 PM
Do you have Wine on your system?  If so, Trader's Little Helper runs great with it.  And you can go from any format to any format directly (including shn/flac -> aac).  That could be an alternative if you can't find any native programs to do this.

TLH on mac?
I guess I need to get Wine
TLC is tits

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 27, 2010, 12:10:49 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 26, 2010, 05:38:39 PM

TLH on mac?
I guess I need to get Wine
TLC is tits

Sorry.  Yesterday I had a brain-fart and said TLH when I meant dbpoweramp.  However, TLH will also run well on Wine.  The only problem I can remember was the drag/drop feature was buggy sometimes.  Other than that it was good. 

But, it was dbpoweramp that I was referring to in my first post. 

sprobeck

I don't know what acc is, but you shouldn't convirt files from lossless to lossy. It's a crime against humanity!!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

jedifunk

Quote from: sprobeck on August 27, 2010, 01:01:53 PM
I don't know what acc is, but you shouldn't convirt files from lossless to lossy. It's a crime against humanity!!
elitist prick  :roll:

my ears like 128 aac just as much as they do flac
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sprobeck

Quote from: jedifunk on August 27, 2010, 06:31:37 PM

your ears are in need of a tune up my friend. Maybe clean some of the wax out. Might be better!

mbw

Quote from: sprobeck on August 27, 2010, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 27, 2010, 06:31:37 PM

your ears are in need of a tune up my friend. Maybe clean some of the wax out. Might be better!

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

jedifunk

i think my position on this topic has been made clear several times in the past.

if you feel like you need to have lossless great, feel free... i don't.

if you feel the need to belittle others for not caring about lossless, then fucking go somewhere else.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sprobeck

Quote from: jedifunk on August 28, 2010, 05:14:56 PM
i think my position on this topic has been made clear several times in the past.

if you feel like you need to have lossless great, feel free... i don't.

if you feel the need to belittle others for not caring about lossless, then fucking go somewhere else.

I'm not belittling anyone. It's just a shame for people to choose the lowest common denominator.

ytowndan

sprobeck, this is getting annoying.  I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most others would agree.  Stop trolling every thread that mentions lossy audio formats. 

k?
thx!
bye.

sprobeck

Quote from: ytowndan on August 29, 2010, 01:45:06 AM
sprobeck, this is getting annoying.  I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most others would agree.  Stop trolling every thread that mentions lossy audio formats. 

k?
thx!
bye.

Sorry Dan. You used to be on my side. The last couple of posts though you seem to have switched. Goodbye then!

jedifunk

didn't realize it was about picking sides.

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio