News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 YEM's

Started by redrum, March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprobeck

I'm not sure how true that is. I thought that Trey went into rehab for Coke in 2000 but not positive. When they stop playing together it's probably more about how the music is or how the business is than their drug habits. With the Dead for instance, I don't buy it that the guys wanted to play with other people because they couldn't get along. They toured together for 30 years! Makes much more sense that it was about the music not sounded good or them not selling enough tix.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

Hicks

Quote from: sprobeck on March 23, 2009, 05:27:56 PM
I'm not sure how true that is. I thought that Trey went into rehab for Coke in 2000 but not positive. When they stop playing together it's probably more about how the music is or how the business is than their drug habits. With the Dead for instance, I don't buy it that the guys wanted to play with other people because they couldn't get along. They toured together for 30 years! Makes much more sense that it was about the music not sounded good or them not selling enough tix.

I just got a little dumber by reading that, so thanks.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Quote from: Hicks on March 23, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

Ri©h

Quote from: blatboom on March 23, 2009, 05:29:34 PM

:lol:  You both get a +k for making me roll.

That's why I gave up on talking to spro already.

noodle

Quote from: Rich on March 23, 2009, 05:46:22 PM

That's gotta be a hallowenn show. halloween show right? Please tell me that's some kind of f'n costume.

sprobeck

Quote from: noodle on March 23, 2009, 06:22:39 PM
Quote from: Rich on March 23, 2009, 05:46:22 PM

:clap:

That's gotta be a hallowenn show. halloween show right? Please tell me that's some kind of f'n costume.

Ri©h

Um, guys, that's Trey right after popping his heroin during 'The Curtain With' at Coventry. No, I'm not lying.

Please see...  http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=11365.0

sprobeck

Interesting. That's sort of how I felt too after crawling through the cornfields on my hands and knees for hours. I was on shrooms though, not H! 

blatboom

I'm not going to post it or link to it because this thread has gone far enough off the tracks, but search youtube for Trey's 2002 Bonnaroo speech if you want to see what a dude on drugs talking in front of 80,000 people sounds like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to the 3/6/09 YEM (I totally think it was on purpose now  :evil:)

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on March 23, 2009, 07:52:26 PM
I'm not going to post it or link to it because this thread has gone far enough off the tracks, but search youtube for Trey's 2002 Bonnaroo speech if you want to see what a dude on drugs talking in front of 80,000 people sounds like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to the 3/6/09 YEM (I totally think it was on purpose now  :evil:)

Or perhaps listen to the Birds from 7/23/99 or Oswego, or 9/12/99, or Vegas 04 the list goes on and on. . .    :|
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

noodle

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 20, 2009, 01:00:34 PM
This thread feels a little like dragging a lake 5 years after we've already gotten the conviction.

I'm guilty as well.

Trey has seemed to have moved on, let's give it a try ourselves.

blatboom

Quote from: noodle on March 23, 2009, 08:07:13 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 20, 2009, 01:00:34 PM
This thread feels a little like dragging a lake 5 years after we've already gotten the conviction.

I'm guilty as well.

Trey has seemed to have moved on, let's give it a try ourselves.

:lol:
great quote from RJ.
Trey is clean now and I have complete faith in him that he will remain so.

rowjimmy

Spro, denial ain't just a river in Africa.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Ri©h