News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2016

Started by mattstick, March 30, 2016, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I think teams now are thinking they can get under the Jays skin if they throw the ball inside and play jerk ball...  made no sense for the ump not to toss Hughes yesterday, the whole "warning" system doesn't make a lot of sense.

So Hughes throws inside at Donaldson and both teams get warnings, next pitch Stroman throws inside gets him ejected, whether it's intentional or not?

VDB

MLB saying they'll stop making teams throw pitches on an intentional walk, as early as next season.

I find that really dumb.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Fight with Ventura and Manny last night. Sketchy pitch. Sucks a suspension is coming for Manny, interested to see if Ventura gets any sort of fine or suspension. Seemed like he was pushing the limits on the pitches up until he hit him, which looked intentional.

mattstick

Both are repeat offenders and should get big suspensions.  Ventura could get 20 games, Machado 10-15.

pcr3

That stuff happens all the time to Buck's teams since he seems to condone it. I have a strong dislike for his "brand" of baseball.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Lol....love the haters.

I'm guessing Manny gets 3-5 games.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

I'd be pretty sore too if someone nailed me with a 99 mph pitch. Manny got a good crack in at his mug before they went to the ground.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Confirmed: 4 games, $2,500. Most likely appealed and dropped to 3 games

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on June 09, 2016, 04:13:35 PM
Confirmed: 4 games, $2,500. Most likely appealed and dropped to 3 games

yep, and Ventura got 8

mattstick

Ventura misses 1 start. Doesn't make sense. MLB almost wants brawls and beanballs.

antelope19

I agree in that it doesn't make sense about Ventura, but yes, I think MLB doesn't hate the "excitement" of the basebrawl. Shit.....unless you're a diehard like we are, that sport can be boring as hell. I would imagine, for ratings purposes, they want all the excitement they can get to draw more viewers.

mattstick

Well it's all fun until a guy misses a season or has his career ended after being plunked by a 95mph fastball...

VDB

As long as it's "part of the game," those same players who are at the greatest risk aren't necessarily gonna be at the head of the line of people demanding it go away.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of press Boston and NY teams get. Sawx/yanks aren't in first, yet they continue to get the lion's share of coverage on ESPN and MLB Network.

Cracks me up. This race is far from over, but how about some love for Baltimore and Toronto?

Multibeast12

Only good thing about the Yankees is that hopefully Chapman will be a Cub. We need a stronger bull pen. Badly.