News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Recommendations for Phish jams that got percussive

Started by Gundo, September 21, 2017, 09:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

I'm looking for recommendations to jams that got percussive! I'm sure most of these are going to come from '96 and '95. Most of the time I can only come up with a few off the top of my head like Mike's NYE 95, Simple 10/31/96, and Simple 10/26/96

Are there any more jams like these?

Example below at 10:17 mark

VDB

11/2/96 Antelope (or much of the rest of the show)
11/13/96 Suzy
1/2/15 Paug
Is this still Wombat?

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

VDB

Quote from: birdman on September 22, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Run Jim nye 1995
Free Clifford ball

Free! I was racking my brain trying to figure out which Ball jam had Trey on his kit.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: VDB on September 22, 2017, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: birdman on September 22, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Run Jim nye 1995
Free Clifford ball

Free! I was racking my brain trying to figure out which Ball jam had Trey on his kit.

Trey is on minikit for Free a bunch of times 95-97.

emay

groove is in the yem jam has some percussive hints 11/19/96

mistercharlie

The Mike's from 8/13/96 had a nice percussive section.

It starts around 16:39 in this version.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Trey hangs out on the percussion for a looooong stretch of the epic YEM from 10/31/95. Also, he let's you know that he wants to fuck you in the ass during the vocal jam... which you already knew, but it's nice to hear him say it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

susep

Light  7Aug.2010
Scents and Subtle Sounds  30July03
Golden Age  20Oct.13

Gundo

3.0 is definitely fair game. Been listening to all these rec over the last few days. I love the minikit jams. Can't get enough   :banana:

Caravan2001

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.