News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Disco Biscuits Thread

Started by disco, January 08, 2007, 01:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Casey Lenahan

wasn't bisco a phish cover band when they first started?
I owe Aug $20

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: tehdead on January 08, 2007, 07:39:10 PM
wasn't bisco a phish cover band when they first started?

Perhaps a song or two.  But, I think what you are getting at is they were a phish tour band when they started. 

August

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on January 08, 2007, 09:47:27 PM
Perhaps a song or two.  But, I think what you are getting at is they were a phish tour band when they started. 

alumni blues
divided sky
harry hood
maze
mike's
possum
pyite
antelope
yem.

thats alot...and that was all from last week!
a

disco

the biscuits don't allow trading of their music pre-97. The did indeed cover a few phish tunes, here are a few setlists, just for auggie

1995-12-01 - 4000 Pine Street - Philadelphia, PA 

Set two listed only. 
Punch You In The Eye > Slipknot! , Pygmy Twylyte , Nughuffer , Barfly , Maze , The Other One , Soul Sacrifice , Mr. Don

1995-12-02 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

1: Pat And Dex , In The Flesh > Run Like Hell , Barfly , You Enjoy Myself > Aceetobee > Nughuffer , You Never Give Me Your Money > Sun King > Mean Mr. Mustard > Polythene Pam > She Came In Through The Bathroom Window > Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End , Her Majesty
2: Possum , Eduardo The Penguin , Run Like An Antelope > Morning Dew > Run Like An Antelope > Mary Had A Little Lamb

1995-12-11 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

Incomplete. 
You Enjoy Myself 1, Rainbow Song

1 With 'Slipknot!' and 'Disco Bisquick' teases. 

1996-02-13 - Campus Grille, Temple University - Philadelphia, PA 
Sources   

1: Peaches En Regalia , La Grange , Endo , Pygmy Twylyte , Pat And Dex , Nughuffer , In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed , Radiator , Run Like Hell , Barfly , Basis For A Day
2: In The Flesh , Mary Had A Little Lamb , You Enjoy Myself , Blue Monk , Dinah-Moe Humm , Mr. Don , Help On The Way > Slipknot! > She Came In Through The Bathroom Window , Texas Pussy , The Chicken , Rainbow Song , Maze , Jam 1 > Mike's Song , Soul Sacrifice

1 No lyrics but there's some distinct Barfly jamming going on. After Maze the tape is stopped or cut then restarts in the middle of this jam. It's either Jam > Mike's Song or Barfly Jam > Mike's Song or if you want to get way out there on a limb Barfly > Mike's Song.   

1996-05-18 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

Peaches En Regalia , Alumni Blues , The Woodser , Texas Pussy , Mr. Don , Run Like Hell , Harry Hood 1 > ??? , Nughuffer , Harry Hood 1 > La Grange , Punch You In The Eye > Radiator , Stone > South Of The Border Pussy > Trooper McCue

1 Dyslexic version. Instrumental.   

1996-05-25 - Nate's Farm - Canton, MA 

1: Basis For A Day , Alumni Blues , Trooper McCue , Peaches En Regalia > Pat And Dex , Radiator , Rainbow Song , Harry Hood , My Michelle , Mr. Don , Aquatic Ape
2: Stone > South Of The Border Pussy , Divided Sky , Pygmy Twylyte

My pick for a Phish cover by the db would be maze, they could take that one to new places. I'm not saying better places, just different places  :-P
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

disco

Quote from: august on January 08, 2007, 09:53:04 PM
alumni blues
divided sky
harry hood
maze
mike's
possum
pyite
antelope
yem.

thats alot...and that was all from last week!
a

that looks like the exact list, nice work bro, K+ for the bisco knowledge

www.week4paug.net

sophist

Quote from: disco on January 09, 2007, 01:46:40 AM
the biscuits don't allow trading of their music pre-97. The did indeed cover a few phish tunes, here are a few setlists, just for auggie

1995-12-01 - 4000 Pine Street - Philadelphia, PA 

Set two listed only. 
Punch You In The Eye > Slipknot! , Pygmy Twylyte , Nughuffer , Barfly , Maze , The Other One , Soul Sacrifice , Mr. Don

1995-12-02 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

1: Pat And Dex , In The Flesh > Run Like Hell , Barfly , You Enjoy Myself > Aceetobee > Nughuffer , You Never Give Me Your Money > Sun King > Mean Mr. Mustard > Polythene Pam > She Came In Through The Bathroom Window > Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End , Her Majesty
2: Possum , Eduardo The Penguin , Run Like An Antelope > Morning Dew > Run Like An Antelope > Mary Had A Little Lamb

1995-12-11 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

Incomplete. 
You Enjoy Myself 1, Rainbow Song

1 With 'Slipknot!' and 'Disco Bisquick' teases. 

1996-02-13 - Campus Grille, Temple University - Philadelphia, PA 
Sources   

1: Peaches En Regalia , La Grange , Endo , Pygmy Twylyte , Pat And Dex , Nughuffer , In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed , Radiator , Run Like Hell , Barfly , Basis For A Day
2: In The Flesh , Mary Had A Little Lamb , You Enjoy Myself , Blue Monk , Dinah-Moe Humm , Mr. Don , Help On The Way > Slipknot! > She Came In Through The Bathroom Window , Texas Pussy , The Chicken , Rainbow Song , Maze , Jam 1 > Mike's Song , Soul Sacrifice

1 No lyrics but there's some distinct Barfly jamming going on. After Maze the tape is stopped or cut then restarts in the middle of this jam. It's either Jam > Mike's Song or Barfly Jam > Mike's Song or if you want to get way out there on a limb Barfly > Mike's Song.   

1996-05-18 - Blarney Stone - Philadelphia, PA 

Peaches En Regalia , Alumni Blues , The Woodser , Texas Pussy , Mr. Don , Run Like Hell , Harry Hood 1 > ??? , Nughuffer , Harry Hood 1 > La Grange , Punch You In The Eye > Radiator , Stone > South Of The Border Pussy > Trooper McCue

1 Dyslexic version. Instrumental.   

1996-05-25 - Nate's Farm - Canton, MA 

1: Basis For A Day , Alumni Blues , Trooper McCue , Peaches En Regalia > Pat And Dex , Radiator , Rainbow Song , Harry Hood , My Michelle , Mr. Don , Aquatic Ape
2: Stone > South Of The Border Pussy , Divided Sky , Pygmy Twylyte

My pick for a Phish cover by the db would be maze, they could take that one to new places. I'm not saying better places, just different places  :-P

now were the phish tunes in the bisco style or were they straight covers?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: phan003 on January 09, 2007, 10:42:12 AM
now were the phish tunes in the bisco style or were they straight covers?

They didn't start up with the trance jams until mid-98 so they were most likely straight covers.

Bisco in the Nine Nine! (Yes I'm dating myself :roll:)

rowjimmy

Ok, I peeked in because I had to see what aug was posting... I'll be nice, I promise.

Why don't they allow trading of their old material? Embarrassment?

Gumbo72203

ive always wanted to hear them do their Phish covers, because i really think if more people heard them then they wouldn't talk shit about the Disco Biscuits so much. 

plus that dyslexic Harry Hood sounds very very interesting.  more later...
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2007, 12:20:25 PM
Ok, I peeked in because I had to see what aug was posting... I'll be nice, I promise.

Why don't they allow trading of their old material? Embarrassment?
I was thinking inhumane treatment of concert goers.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Gumbo72203

the Disco Biscuits never treated ME inhumanely, PHAN.  lol. 

i donno, i enjoy their music.  I think they're great, and quite talented.  I get down to the trance jams sober, not even blazed.  But thats probably just because i loooved Paul Van Dyk and cheesey ecstasy trance before i even heard of the Disco Biscuits (and when i still listened to death metal.  go figure)
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Still doesn't explain the pre-97 trade embargo.

disco

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2007, 08:54:19 PM
Still doesn't explain the pre-97 trade embargo.

sorry, as faux pointed out, the band really didn't start to develop their sound until mid-late 98 (check out the Helicopters from 12-31-98 for some good future sounds) so the asked that recordings of their music before it got to where they wanted it not be traded, as its not an accurate representation of what they want their fans to hear. Plus on 10-31-98 they got the JM-1000 or something like that, a new synth, that put the band on the path, more info here I'm sure,
www.discobiscuits.net

www.week4paug.net

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: disco on January 10, 2007, 10:07:10 AM
sorry, as faux pointed out, the band really didn't start to develop their sound until mid-late 98 (check out the Helicopters from 12-31-98 for some good future sounds) so the asked that recordings of their music before it got to where they wanted it not be traded, as its not an accurate representation of what they want their fans to hear. Plus on 10-31-98 they got the JM-1000 or something like that, a new synth, that put the band on the path, more info here I'm sure,
www.discobiscuits.net

I still think it is lame that there is a pre-97 trade embargo as well.

I think they're using that as an excuse while it's obvious that they're embarrassed by their heavy jam band roots.

That would be like phish Outlawing trading of pre-86 tapes because it's not representitive of how the bands sound would develop.

Frankly, it's retarded.