News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on December 06, 2008, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2008, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 05, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 05, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: messengerbird on December 05, 2008, 09:21:17 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

I: Buried Alive, Down with Disease, Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, Wolfman's Brother, Chalk Dust Torture, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > The Famous    Mockingbird, Stash, Cavern

II: Halley's Comet > Mike's Song -> Weekapaug Groove, The Mango Song > Wilson > Suspicious Minds > HYHU, David Bowie -> Catapult -> David Bowie

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Show Notes: The narration during Colonel Forbin's Ascent referenced chocolate and the rhombus. Catapult started over the Bowie hi-hat intro, which also  featured quotes of Homer Simpson ("mmmm...chocolate"). Trey flubbed the lyrics to Wolfman's Brother and remarked that, since he likes them so much, he would sing them again. This was the first time ever that Mike's and Weekapaug were played without anything in between them.

Totally rules your faces...

:-o

I can't believe I don't have this. 

http://www.livephish.com/show.asp?show=402

Ahh.  I forgot about that.  I was thinking this was an amateur audience video.   
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

Quote from: ytowndan on December 06, 2008, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: blatboom on December 06, 2008, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2008, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 05, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 05, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: messengerbird on December 05, 2008, 09:21:17 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

I: Buried Alive, Down with Disease, Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, Wolfman's Brother, Chalk Dust Torture, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > The Famous    Mockingbird, Stash, Cavern

II: Halley's Comet > Mike's Song -> Weekapaug Groove, The Mango Song > Wilson > Suspicious Minds > HYHU, David Bowie -> Catapult -> David Bowie

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Show Notes: The narration during Colonel Forbin's Ascent referenced chocolate and the rhombus. Catapult started over the Bowie hi-hat intro, which also  featured quotes of Homer Simpson ("mmmm...chocolate"). Trey flubbed the lyrics to Wolfman's Brother and remarked that, since he likes them so much, he would sing them again. This was the first time ever that Mike's and Weekapaug were played without anything in between them.

Totally rules your faces...

:-o

I can't believe I don't have this. 

http://www.livephish.com/show.asp?show=402

Ahh.  I forgot about that.  I was thinking this was an amateur audience video.   

of course ya gotta keep the screen kinda small to keep the resolution decent, but I love the angle from the soundboard.  You get the closeups but you also get plenty of wide shots showing you the full force of the show  :-)

khalpin

Quote from: blatboom on December 06, 2008, 02:02:04 PM

of course ya gotta keep the screen kinda small to keep the resolution decent, but I love the angle from the soundboard.  You get the closeups but you also get plenty of wide shots showing you the full force of the show  :-)
Yes that 12/1/95 LP video is a great watch.  The 12/29/97 one is probably my favorite, out of the downloadable vids.  A bit pixellated when you watch it on TV, but the '97 light show's a blast.

messengerbird

Quote from: khalpin on December 06, 2008, 06:35:07 PM

Yes that 12/1/95 LP video is a great watch.  The 12/29/97 one is probably my favorite, out of the downloadable vids.  A bit pixellated when you watch it on TV, but the '97 light show's a blast.

hmmm...... mine is not as pixellated as some of the others from this series.
I wonder if it is because of the way it was transfered to DVD.

Is it even possible to clean them up?   :?

Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Mr Minor

thechad

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 06, 2008, 12:25:18 PM
probably, I don;t even remember.  I know I was on the lawn for VA beach.....but I don't even remember this "supposed" rain storm, so maybe I was in the shed...

You must have been inside, I was on the lawn for this one, and it was a little scary at times.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

ClancyWiggum

redrum

Quote from: thechad on December 08, 2008, 12:51:09 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on December 06, 2008, 12:25:18 PM
probably, I don;t even remember.  I know I was on the lawn for VA beach.....but I don't even remember this "supposed" rain storm, so maybe I was in the shed...

You must have been inside, I was on the lawn for this one, and it was a little scary at times.

i was both, pretty sure my stub was lawn.
but i made it a point to hop over and get down on a regular basis that year, but especially this night because of the weather.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ClancyWiggum

Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 08, 2008, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: ClancyWiggum on December 08, 2008, 08:11:51 AM
Frank Zappa - Baby Snakes

Followed byThe Dub Rroom Special

Thanks for the reminder that I have that one... I think I've never seen it in full length.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

just popped this entire thing in the DVD player...
i've watched it a million times through...
but a good, rainy day off and seeing in what today is...
good day for it... maybe i'll watch one of the movies when this is over :)

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sls.stormyrider

that's a good series. The book is a nice add on, has stuff that didn't make the vid.
Watched Hard Days Night last Friday. When it came out, it was the 1st movie I staye awake for in its entirety.
What a clean movie.
timeless.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on December 09, 2008, 12:03:35 PM
that's a good series. The book is a nice add on, has stuff that didn't make the vid.
Watched Hard Days Night last Friday. When it came out, it was the 1st movie I staye awake for in its entirety.
What a clean movie.
timeless.

Hard Days Night is my favorite Beatles movie.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 09, 2008, 02:44:42 PM
Quote from: slslbs on December 09, 2008, 12:03:35 PM
What a clean movie.
timeless.

Hard Days Night is my favorite Beatles movie.

Showed it in my film class.  Great flick.  Some couldn't get into it, but it is hilarious.  The Beatles were some funny dudes.

sls.stormyrider

on my personal top 20 list; maybe top 10

Edit to add - if you like HDN, (or the Beatles in general, which I guess is everyone) you need to see "The Ruttles - All You Need is Cash". Created mainly by Eric Idle, featuring most or all of the original SNL cast, George, and Mick Jagger.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."