News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Jaco Pastorius - Montreal Jazzfest 1982

First time seeing this one.  I highly recommend it.

gah

Quote from: khalpin on May 09, 2010, 11:16:00 AM

Is this the same as Live and Outrageous :

QuoteJazz legend Jaco Pastorius takes the stage for a landmark concert performance at the 1982 Montreal Jazz Festival with bandmates Randy Brecker on trumpet, Peter Erskine on drums, Bobby Mintzer on reeds, Don Alias on percussion and Othello Molineaux on steel drums. Tracks include Charlie Parker's "Donna Lee" and Pastorius's signature "Chicken," plus plenty of improvisation to keep jazz fans fully satisfied.
?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

khalpin

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 17, 2010, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: khalpin on May 09, 2010, 11:16:00 AM

Is this the same as Live and Outrageous :

QuoteJazz legend Jaco Pastorius takes the stage for a landmark concert performance at the 1982 Montreal Jazz Festival with bandmates Randy Brecker on trumpet, Peter Erskine on drums, Bobby Mintzer on reeds, Don Alias on percussion and Othello Molineaux on steel drums. Tracks include Charlie Parker's "Donna Lee" and Pastorius's signature "Chicken," plus plenty of improvisation to keep jazz fans fully satisfied.
?
Yeah, looks like the same thing. 

gah

^^^ Nice. Added to my queue. Thanks in advance for what is sure to be an enjoyable time.

okelnard

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: okelnard on May 18, 2010, 11:37:26 AM
Festival Express

Same here, just happened to be on tv tonight after the game.  What a rowdy train that would have been.  :crazy:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

06/22/1997 Loreley, St. Goarshausen, Koblenz, Germany

Set 1: Taste, Water in the Sky, Stash, Dirt, Uncle Pen, Character Zero, Theme From the Bottom, Hello My Baby, Ghost

Encore: Limb By Limb

I always get a kick out of the people in the crowd gettin' down the entire show.  Particularly the dude wearing a Yes shirt. :beerbang:

G. Augusto

gah

Music in Exile - documentary following some NOLA musicians after Katrina in other cities (Austin, Houston, Memphis, etc.)

Down and Dirty, Dirty Dozen Brass Band - recorded at the Georgia Theater, Dave Schools sits in for a few tunes (cissy strut and superstition)

mopper_smurf

The Mule and tons of guests, including Mike

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

khalpin

I've had the house to myself the past few days, so I busted through a couple

Weather Report - Live at Montreux 1976

Jethro Tull - Isle of Wight 1970

Chet Atkins & Jerry Reed - Bottom Line, NYC 1992

Yes - Keys to Ascension - 1996

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio