News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

This is outragous!!

Started by thechad, October 19, 2008, 02:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 12:43:27 PM
anyone bought tickets off ebay before? i've actually never bought ANYTHING let alone tickets off there, and am nervous about putting in for tickets that i won't even receive for 4 months!

I haven't done much ebaying myself either, but from what I'm hearing, as long as you look for the people with good feedback you should be alright.....

I do understand the concern though, I got tix for friday and saturday on ebay and I know I will be getting a little nervous come mid-February :|
Bring in the dude!

MiamiPhish

Ebay is reliable in terms of getting-screwed protection.  If you're worried about someone taking off with your money, I know for certain that Ebay has certain buyer protection terms in place.  What exactly they are, I couldn't tell you, but it's all written out in clear terms on ebay.com
Sorry I can't be more specific, but I hope this gives you at least a little comfort.

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2008, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 12:43:27 PM
anyone bought tickets off ebay before? i've actually never bought ANYTHING let alone tickets off there, and am nervous about putting in for tickets that i won't even receive for 4 months!

I haven't done much ebaying myself either, but from what I'm hearing, as long as you look for the people with good feedback you should be alright.....

I do understand the concern though, I got tix for friday and saturday on ebay and I know I will be getting a little nervous come mid-February :|

yeah, cause i found some 'deals' on there.......some reasonable prices, $125/ticket type of situations....seems a little suspect to me....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Yeah, if you're not paying $6,500, it's probably not legit.   :roll:  :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

no, no, no, that's a little outrageous......but yeah, split the different, $3,000 sounds about right to me....

GBL

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 02:13:18 PM
no, no, no, that's a little outrageous......but yeah, split the different, $3,000 sounds about right to me....

WAAHT!??!!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

gah

Quote from: GBL on October 20, 2008, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 02:13:18 PM

WAAHT!??!!

i was joking.....sarcasm, i guess it doesn't come through well in text form.

Poster Nutbag

I'm thinking this Dude is probably going to the shows and is keeping his tickets and through them up there with the most riDICKulous price ever seen to man as just a joke to mock the situation... But its just a Guess...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

lifeboy13

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 12:24:24 PM
yeah, i've seen as a low as $325, and on ebay as low as $275 today......should keep dropping, might even go lower after the new year and new dates are announced....
I've been watching them all since mail order started. the spike the night before ticket master sale day was ridiculous.  i think they will stay at 350 300 250 avg price for a bit and on the lot will be about $300 $200 $200.  what to do with my Extras?? Hmm.  lol actually, would never EBay them and seriously thinking of miracles.  See you all there  :banana:  :beers:  :banana:
Good Day, Every Day!

thechad

Quote from: lifeboy13 on October 31, 2008, 12:38:22 AM
yeah, i've seen as a low as $325, and on ebay as low as $275 today......should keep dropping, might even go lower after the new year and new dates are announced....
I've been watching them all since mail order started. the spike the night before ticket master sale day was ridiculous.  i think they will stay at 350 300 250 avg price for a bit and on the lot will be about $300 $200 $200.  what to do with my Extras?? Hmm.  lol actually, would never EBay them and seriously thinking of miracles.  See you all there  :banana:  :beers:  :banana:

I'm not a betting man, but I would be willing to wager that there are more than a dozen or so people on this board who would be "happier than pigs in shit" to give you face for any extras that you may have.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

keeb333

Quote from: thechad on October 31, 2008, 12:56:55 AM
Quote from: lifeboy13 on October 31, 2008, 12:38:22 AM

I'm not a betting man, but I would be willing to wager that there are more than a dozen or so people on this board who would be "happier than pigs in shit" to give you face for any extras that you may have.

if you were betting, you would win!  :-D

thechad

True, I leave the gambling to the professionals.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

redrum

QuotePhish Tickets 3 Day Pass
at Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, VA
Section:
GA
Row:
GA
Price:
$250,000.00 each
Quantity:

Seller comments:

Delivery/Pickup: FedEx 2 Day

Other delivery options may also be available.

http://www.stubhub.com/phish-tickets/phish-hampton-hampton-coliseum-3-6-2009-744146/?ticket_id=158092777#

if anyone doesn't have tickets yet, you might wanna consider this pretty good deal.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gene

im saving for those  :roll: