News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Baker's Dozen - 07/21 - 08/06/17

Started by runawayjimbo, January 31, 2017, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 31, 2017, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: anthrax on January 31, 2017, 09:33:33 PM
considering this summer tour will be odd, i'm very surprised by the announcement of no fall.

so what's everyone planning on hitting?

If I were you... I'd commit to... 11, maybe 12 of the MSG shows now... then sort it out from there.

Buy 12, get one free, brah.
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

Well looks like there is some demand, CID packages for the final weekend are sold out.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Augustus

17 days in NYC is crazy long.
Stay safe!
And shoot the locks off your wallets.

anthrax

Quote from: whatapiper on February 01, 2017, 05:48:12 PM
Well looks like there is some demand, CID packages for the final weekend are sold out.

the last weekend is going to be a toughish ticket

whatapiper

Will Augustus be in attendance?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

VA $l!m

there would be some justice in the world  if i could make it  to these:)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 02, 2017, 10:07:49 PM
there would be some justice in the world  if i could make it  to these:)

DO IT!!!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

jasonsobel

I'm in for August 4th.  Haven't seen a show at MSG since Dec 29, 1998.  Looking forward to making it back to MSG this summer  :phish:
sing me back home before I die

jam>

Uh, I know we're all older and make money and all – but why are Phish tickets $88 each?

zimbra

Quote from: jam> on February 05, 2017, 11:29:55 AM
Uh, I know we're all older and make money and all – but why are Phish tickets $88 each?

It's about the experience, maann...
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

anthrax

Uh, I know we're all older and make money and all – but why are Phish tickets $88 each?

That really is a lot for a band who relies heavily on repeat business.  It's as if they almost want us to stay home and couch tour.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on February 06, 2017, 01:20:01 PM

That really is a lot for a band who relies heavily on repeat business.  It's as if they almost want us to stay home and couch tour.

Honestly, Phish is still 30% cheaper than Bruce Springsteen for the same rooms... plus you get a download of the show with your ticket. They are amongst the cheapest tickets for anything that can sell out MSG on any night of the year.

That's the truth, Ruth.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

jam>

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 06, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Honestly, Phish is still 30% cheaper than Bruce Springsteen for the same rooms... plus you get a download of the show with your ticket. They are amongst the cheapest tickets for anything that can sell out MSG on any night of the year.

That's the truth, Ruth.

True dat. It's been a while since I mailordered for 13 shows. I guess it's not 1999 anymore.

Caravan2001

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 06, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

That's the truth, Ruth.

I did just pay $110 face for Radiohead floors (and no DL code).  Happy to pay $110 though for a band that comes to Portland like, never.  That said, yes, the tix are $88, but come show day you can find a $20 ticket if you don;t care where you sit so....

Hicks

Yeah but Phish doesn't have to pay for Max Weinberg's steady diet of hookers and blow, not to mention the legal fees. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.