News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/22 Magnaball Night 2 - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 23, 2015, 10:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

This Light is fucking tremendous! I love the minimal funk groove that they get going with. One of my favorites in a summer of great jams.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 27, 2015, 02:52:36 PM
This Light is fucking tremendous! I love the minimal funk groove that they get going with. One of my favorites in a summer of great jams.

fuck yeah!  listening now, killer jam in the latter half, heart Trey's tone.  ironically the peeps at phish.net didn't note this as a noteworthy jam???

rowjimmy

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

saw that last night. I want to go back and re-listen for what he's talking about. could be any number of benevento tunes, I know mike's been on at least one of his albums
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

WhatstheUse?

Listened back to the 4th set yesterday for the first time and jesus I was high during that set because it sounded entirely different this go around. go figure.  :smoke:

fuck that was fun
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 28, 2015, 01:53:06 PM
Listened back to the 4th set yesterday for the first time and jesus I was high during that set because it sounded entirely different this go around. go figure.  :smoke:

fuck that was fun

I haven't gone back and listened to this or the day set yet.  I think I'll wait until a few weeks after Colorado.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

khalpin

shoreline99

Kev - from what I've heard, no - wasn't on the Bunny either.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

zimbra

My friends that were watching the webcast said that it wasn't.
- Trey Anastasio

phil

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 28, 2015, 02:19:28 PM
Kev - from what I've heard, no - wasn't on the Bunny either.

Bunny was playing some weird/cool shit during but it was definitely not the drive in jam
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

shoreline99

That's what I heard - late night freak out. One of our friends headed out before the 'secret' set and was pissed it wasn't broadcast, but that's what you get for leaving early......
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

GBL

Around the 24:00 minute mark of this video you can clearly see where the band was, which was right behind the screen.  The screen actually looks like it might have been somewhat see through?
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged