News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

new Phish single!!

Started by whyweigh5.0, May 26, 2009, 04:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

the Time Turns Elastic single is up on iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=317129304&s=143441

sounds good I think.  Boy am I stoked
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

Sick. Adding this to my ipod and running for the train right now.

Thanks!

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

F!  Not up in the Canada store...

rowjimmy

Ok.
I listened to it a few times.

Lyrically, I'm not 100% on board but I suspect that with some further listening, I'll at least have a better feel for what Trey is trying to say overall. Without that understanding, I find moments of trite wordplay and, at times, a strained vocal melody. This is backed, however by a fairly epic Phish performance. It moves from simple to complex to groovy but never settles on any one thing for long. I suspect that a couple of those grooves will earn a few added bars in a live performance.

Overall, this is not the single that will seal Phish's world dominance, but I dig it.

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 26, 2009, 05:24:23 AM
Sick. Adding this to my ipod and running for the train to work right now.

Thanks!

also BLARING it in my house while getting ready for work and thinking of tour.

it's so loud it was hard to type that ^^  :-D
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

PIE-GUY

Solid. New  :phish: always makes me happy.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

once through so far... I like it. It's got a certain Wings thing going on with this version. I am also a bit surprised that there is a Phish version and a Trey version (with orchestra) getting released so close to each other. Not complaining!!

Also, I wonder if Don Hart gets co-writing credit on this or if his writing was really just the orchestral parts.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

blatboom

what's the e.t. on this thing?

rowjimmy

blatboom

G. Augusto

rowjimmy

For the record, it would be inappropriate/violation of iTunes TOS/illegal to redistribute commercially available material (even if it's not commercially available in your jurisdiction.)