News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

new Phish single!!

Started by whyweigh5.0, May 26, 2009, 04:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 26, 2009, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on May 26, 2009, 11:16:04 AM
So is it safe to say they lied to us since TTE doesn't equal "Party Time"?   :-D :wink:

We don't know that TTE will be on the album, yet.

good point

:-)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I was really disappointed that Trey's vocal production from Undermind is back.

There is no way this will not be on the new album.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: antelope19 on May 26, 2009, 11:19:32 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 26, 2009, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on May 26, 2009, 11:16:04 AM
So is it safe to say they lied to us since TTE doesn't equal "Party Time"?   :-D :wink:

We don't know that TTE will be on the album, yet.

good point

:-)

I think that Mike was confused when he updated his hotline message, when he said "Greatest Fucking Phish Album" ever, he really meant to say "Gayest Fucking Phish Album" ever.

If that is actually what he meant, I think I can cut him some slack ;)

McGrupp

Album ain't out yet kidz, so don't speak too soon - In my experience, the "Single" has never been my favorite tune off an album. That might just be me though.

I like the instrumental parts on this tune - the vocals are definitely meh - but I do enjoy the "Now that the leaves have turned to gold" part around 2:30.

I would enjoy seeing this live. It's phish.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

keeb333

thechad

Quote from: keeb333 on May 26, 2009, 11:42:07 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on May 26, 2009, 11:27:25 AM

I would enjoy seeing this live. It's phish.

yup!  :clap:

I thought it was alright, not mind bending or earth shattering, but good.  I'll listen to it a few more times and won't be angry if I see it live for either of the shows I'm going to and with the shows that I am going to I think there is a high probability of it being played at them.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Rift

Quote from: McGrupp on May 26, 2009, 11:27:25 AM
Album ain't out yet kidz, so don't speak too soon.

Exactly. This jumping to conclusions stuff is funny. If something in the past has sucked they've either given up on it or tweaked it and made it better. That's the history of the band going back to the beginning.

What were you expecting, Matt? Another Picture Of Nectar or Story Of The Ghost? This is but one song... one. We don't even know what else there is. How about we see what else the band has in store before passing judgment on what has yet to be heard?

$.02
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

mattstick

I didn't say the album sucked, that's not really possible.  This track is pretty disappointing however.

I'm really disappointed in the production - I hate that mild chorus-y effect on Trey's vocals.

Lyrically, disappointing.  Arrangement, meh.

If they play this out like they did with WOTC it's gonna be a long summer.

edit to add: a 13 minute song on a typical rock album in 2009 is between 1/4 and 1/5 of the album...

emay

from phish.com

"a new track from Phish's forthcoming studio album"

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on May 26, 2009, 11:56:20 AM

If they play this out like they did with WOTC it's gonna be a long summer.
I hate to say it but I agree with that sentiment.  Although, now I kinda like WOTC and would be excited to hear it but I think that's because it's been 5 long years since I've seen them.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

thechad

I'm really disappointed in the production - I hate that mild chorus-y effect on Trey's vocals.

Are they working with Tchad Blake again?  He's always done those aetherial sounding vocals, which were really cool with Los Lobos and Kiko and the Lavender Moon, but that was like 15 years ago.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

thechad

edit to add: a 13 minute song on a typical rock album in 2009 is between 1/4 and 1/5 of the album...

Double CD maybe?  :?

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

McGrupp

Don't forget Number Line is going to be on the new album too...

Hopefully...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: McGrupp on May 26, 2009, 12:11:19 PM
Don't forget Number Line is going to be on the new album too...

Hopefully...

Expectations diminishing rapidly..